Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Electric Fuel Pump vs. Mechanical Fuel Pump

Wicked Performance Boats
    The regs supposed to be as close to the carb to prevent fuel surges. I'm not saying it won't work there BUT all fuel regs come with instructions usually to mount as close as poss. to carb. I'd put it at the Tee for the fuel bowls. Budlight

The regs supposed to be as close to the carb to prevent fuel surges. I'm not saying it won't work there BUT all fuel regs come with instructions usually to mount as close as poss. to carb. I'd put it at the Tee for the fuel bowls. Budlight
    Thanks BL, I'll look into it, when I replumb the fuel system this spring.
    sleek

steelcomp
    Ten-four that.

49er
    Having a fuel starvation issue and I felt it has to do with the fuel pump im running(electric holley blue) and was debating on going to a high volume mechanical pump.Ive heard ideas about one being better than the other and visa versa .Any feedback or ideas would be great.
    electric fuel pumps are fine. There is a lot of different reasons why any pump
    fails. Over heating of the pump can be caused by bad ground, wrong size wire, incorrect placement, or not running a relay. By runnig a fuel pump relay
    it takes away a lot of the amp draw from the pump , which keeps the pump
    from heating up. You should'nt have to run a by -pass with a holley blue. A
    by-pass would be a waste of money for that pump. I've always ran electric
    pumps never had a problem. Like someone else said your problem could be from many different things so start from square 1

MikeF
    And for the record, My holley blue usually sticks every year and I take it apart at least once a year to get it unstuck. I then get to check it out for damage or any other problems. I've owned my boat since 92 and it is still the same pump as when I bought it. It is still making the boat go just fine.
    To add...........It only has stuck when it has been sitting for a long time w/o being powered up. It has not "stuck" while on the river since I've owned it. :mix:

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678