Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gas Problem

Deano
    I've been hearing rumors of bad gas in Havasu lately. It doesn't sound like that's your problem, but it sure as shit is mine

lalhc
    After my gas problems last summer in my boat and vehicle, I only use Chevron gas while in Havasu.

Deano
    After my gas problems last summer in my boat and vehicle, I only use Chevron gas while in Havasu.
    This was my first (other than 100) and last time using superfuel

lalhc
    Last summer we stayed in Havi for 2 months and after a couple of weeks my boat was sputtering randomly and my Expedition was not registering gas in the fuel gauge. A mechanic at Bradley Ford told us to fill our tanks and add the Chevron Techron additive and problem was solved. Since then I only use Chevron.

BrendellaJet
    About 10 years ago I was on Mohave with my Step dads boat. Filled up with gas at the dock in Katherines on Mohave. Shortly thereafter the boat would start, but would run out of gas(one tank, outboard boat). I fund someone would have to keep pumping the primer bulb to keep the motor from starving for fuel and stalling...
    Turned out that at my last fillup(katherines landing) I was given about a buckets worth of pebbles and small rocks. They covered the fuel line pickup and that was why the boat wouldn't run on its own. Not to mention I dropped my friggen keys in the water and had to wait 3 hours for the locksmith to come out and give me new truck keyes, & remake a new boat key.

v-drive
    About 10 years ago I was on Mohave with my Step dads boat. Filled up with gas at the dock in Katherines on Mohave. Shortly thereafter the boat would start, but would run out of gas(one tank, outboard boat). I fund someone would have to keep pumping the primer bulb to keep the motor from starving for fuel and stalling...
    Turned out that at my last fillup(katherines landing) I was given about a buckets worth of pebbles and small rocks. They covered the fuel line pickup and that was why the boat wouldn't run on its own. Not to mention I dropped my friggen keys in the water and had to wait 3 hours for the locksmith to come out and give me new truck keyes, & remake a new boat key.
    and did you learn anything from this young grasshopper?...v-drive(aka)pop

vmjtc3
    Check the anti syphon valve.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12