Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tahoe Trip 2.....8/18-8/26

John.
    Ericka's co-worker said that he can do the video shoot for $500 for 8 hours (including drive time from Sacto). so basically that gives us about 4 or 5 hours of Tahoe video. He is a former New 10 camera man. He said that he can do video from the helicopter, do shoots from the boats, he can attach his camera to a boat to get video back at the driver and can do interviews and so on all for the $500 of unedited video. for another $500, he can edit the video and put it to music.
    Are folks interested in helping with the cost to do the video? This is still just a group of friends getting together...so if we have someone who wants to shoot video for a free helicopter ride, that's probably still a better deal.

justfloatn
    Ericka's co-worker said that he can do the video shoot for $500 for 8 hours (including drive time from Sacto). so basically that gives us about 4 or 5 hours of Tahoe video. He is a former New 10 camera man. He said that he can do video from the helicopter, do shoots from the boats, he can attach his camera to a boat to get video back at the driver and can do interviews and so on all for the $500 of unedited video. for another $500, he can edit the video and put it to music.
    Are folks interested in helping with the cost to do the video? This is still just a group of friends getting together...so if we have someone who wants to shoot video for a free helicopter ride, that's probably still a better deal.
    You're kidding right, you want someone to ride on a helecopter and film boats. You get the camera and I'll drive up and film it.

John.
    Alright, Ericka says that we'll pay for the camera man. we'll check his sample video tonight and if its okay, we'll hire the guy to shoot the video in Tahoe.

Poker Runs West
    Okay, the helicopter and Jason the photographer are booked for Sunday, August 19th at 11:00 a.m. I am still looking for someone to videotape the boats so if anybody knows anyone that has a decent video camera and would like to go for a free helicopter ride over Lake Tahoe please let me know. Also, if I could get a list of people that are going or PM me and let me know that you are going to show up that would be great.
    Oh and one last thing... this IS NOT an event! It's just a bunch of peeps getting some cool pics and video of their boats on a beautiful lake.
    WHAT'S A PEEP? Sounds like an event to me. Do you have all the necessary permits for the hot tub coitusstimulitusorgasmatron device, errection of the stripper pole and nitros oxid inflation of Judy?
    Looking forward to another adventure on Power Tour 2007.
    Chris

grads2112
    Looking forward to another adventure on Power Tour 2007.
    :
    You mean His Royal Heiness Tour 2007

Poker Runs West
    You mean His Royal Heiness Tour 2007
    As always your loyal subjects will follow you anywhere oh great king on high.
    May your staff always be firm, your chalice always full and your subjects always willing.
    See ya on the water. Time to fire up the vette and go to Crush for some "entertainment" tonight.
    Chris

John.
    okay, just watched the sample video that Grant made for us and its awesome. I can't wait to get him up in a helicopter to shoot some footage of our boats. looking forward to the Tahoe trip. Never been up there in our own boat, so we're really excited.

2007 Laveycraft 2750 highvoltagehands's Avatar
    A few of us have rented a house in the Keys up in Tahoe for the week of August 18th-26th and I just wanted to see if anyone else will be up there at this time or if anyone is interested in going. We are talking about trying to get the same helicopter we had earlier this month for a photo shoot but also maybe puting someone with a good video camera up in it. I'm sure everyone has seen the pics from the last trip and saw how incredible it is up there so don't miss out this time. I've had a few people approach me and say that they want to go but they don't feel there boat is big enough...don't worry about it. As long as you watch the weather/wind conditions you'll be fine. This should be another great time. See ya up there.
    Hey Greg, Bill and I will be bringing the Laveys up the 17th thru 20 and maybe the following weekend, then be up again for Labor day. Also let's see about hooking up this weekend Sat the 11th down at the river. Let me know.
    HUD

grads2112
    Okay so only 5 days left and everything is booked and ready to go including the video guy. We'd like to get an idea of how many people want to do this so I'm going to start a list of the people that have confirmed with me so if you want to go add your name or PM me. We are expecting somewhere between 10-15 boats but if there are more no big deal and best of all its free!
    John. ........................27' custom boat
    Jared..........................25' Daytona
    Grads.........................28' Daytona
    TA.............................A BIG surprise?????
    Poker Runs West...........38' Eliminator Eagle
    Toby...........................35' Formula
    Doug (On Time?)...........35' Jaguar
    HighVoltageHands .........27' Laveycraft
    Bill..............................27' Laveycraft
    Keep'n Her Wet.............35' Fountain

John.
    I am beyond excited about this trip. never been up on Tahoe on my own boat, so I'm hoping for another great day. also really looking forward to the video shoot and the potentia special guests on Wednesday. Maybe we can take them for a ride on the WCF.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast