Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WooHoo!! Check out the new toy ;)

scoobydoo7513
    Thanks. That is what I heard. My husband has grown up around boats like this but I grew up around sail boats so I wanted something managable, safe, and reliable since I will be taking it out by myself most of the time. The guy we bought it from is the original owner and he is meticulous with his boats. I can't wait to take it out on the water.

lewiville
    sail away mattie. might need a bigger boat in ye water of de Colorado

Cole
    Yea....I would change that name also!!!
    who wants "Cole" plastered everywhere!!!!!

RitcheyRch
    Very nice and congrats

rivrrts429
    Very nice boat, you will have lots of fun. Congrats and be safe. Did you say what power it has? Anyways, good luck and enjoy

scoobydoo7513
    330 hp. It's got a 454. Plenty for what I want it for. I am less about high speed and more about cruising and riding the air chair.

scoobydoo7513
    Yesterday was our first day on the water in the Cole. By the time we got it registered and launched it was already around 4pm, which I am sure that anyone that has been on Mead knows is when the winds pick up. We were both really impressed by how this boat handled. We have only been out on Mead in bigger boats - 2750 Lavey, 270 Hallett, and the 285 Hallett, so this was our first time being in such big water on Mead in such a small boat. We stayed close to the Marina to get a feel for her. It was rough at times, but never felt unsafe. It really is a great boat. Time to go back out.

dicudmore
    congrats on the first ride

Deano
    congrats on the boat. I used to run around in one. They are very solid and I only have good things to say..the builder on the other hand:idea:

desertbird
    What is the certain way?
    With a Boat Renaming ceremnoy, of course!
    http://www.boatsafe.com/nauticalknowhow/rename.htm
    ...although I must admit, I didn't do it like they say.
    Mine went something like this:
    600grit, 1200grit, 2000grit, water and polishing compound. Then I praised the great gods of malted hops and poured some out for my dead homies too...
    I never painted a new name on, just sanded off the old. Maybe I'm still ok? :rollside:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast