Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: winterize my jet boat?

stashtrey
    How, or what do I do? Run the engine until all the water is out?

MikeF
    What kind of engine and pump?

IMPATIENT 1
    How, or what do I do? Run the engine until all the water is out?
    does it get that cold in cali? if it does it needs some coolant in the motor.i put in 1 gallon into my bbf.it gets @10 below here sometimes.

stashtrey
    It's a 460 w/ Berk jet.
    I live in Sacramento. It might get to 30 but not much colder than that and that's only at night.
    How would I get coolant into the engine?
    I know... I'm a totaly newb.

IMPATIENT 1
    It's a 460 w/ Berk jet.
    I live in Sacramento. It might get to 30 but not much colder than that and that's only at night.
    How would I get coolant into the engine?
    I know... I'm a totaly newb.
    yep, get some coolant into the block.i take off my water inlet hose,block off the header hoses,outlet hoses,then use the inlet hose to pour in the coolant.i use the "bio safe" coolant so not to hurt the fishies.then take it down the road alittle to give the coolant a chance to mix up well with the left over water in the block.

IMPATIENT 1
    yep, get some coolant into the block.i take off my water inlet hose,block off the header hoses,outlet hoses,then use the inlet hose to pour in the coolant.i use the "bio safe" coolant so not to hurt the fishies.then take it down the road alittle to give the coolant a chance to mix up well with the left over water in the block.
    forgot to say i also run bbf with a berk pump.

YeLLowBoaT
    I personally have never winterised a boat in SAC... then again I use it year round and drain the motor after every trip....

stashtrey
    where is the inlet hose located?
    Now I'm worried. I don't think it has been below 30 but once or twice so far this year.
    Couldn't I just run the motor and blow out all the water? If there isn't any water in the block it can't feeze and crack... can it?

taylormanss
    we don't need no stinkin' anti freeze !!!!!!!!!

IMPATIENT 1
    where is the inlet hose located?
    Now I'm worried. I don't think it has been below 30 but once or twice so far this year.
    Couldn't I just run the motor and blow out all the water? If there isn't any water in the block it can't feeze and crack... can it?
    you can't get all the water outta the block unless it has a block drain or something like that.i had freeze plugs in the bilge after last winter.did a complete rebuild to to satisfy the little voice in my head that kept sayin "its cracked,pull it down and check".then the little voice went into the more hp mode.then inlet hose is connected to the pump and goes to the frt. water plate on the timing cover.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast