Hello everyone, I have been reading alot on this site, and seems very helpful to alot of questions I have had. Im 25 yrs old and from southeast Michigan, with tons of inland lake here in Oakland County and Lake St. Clair not far at all I have been boating for a couple of years now.
I have done the custom mini truck thing and still do, but now with my younger brothers boat ( 1994 Sunbird Corsair ) with a 4.3 Chevy v-6 and the OMC outdrive and a couple problems this season, we're finding out that the OMC isnt very cheap and kinda want to change it out with the Mercruiser. But anyway, I can do custom interior and we are redoing that at the end of the season.
Now after all that my question I have read some about "Capping" a boat is this hard? I know it takes time and patient which I have both. We both love the boat and kinda want to make it different with some custom interior and some sweet paint job on the outside, would it be best to sand down to the fiber glass to get rid of all the "gel coat" and lay a primer/sealer then with a base coat/clear coat ? or what is my best way? I never really worked with a gel coat before, but believe I can do it, Im lookin for some help from the vets and the guys that specialize in this area and help with pics or anything would be great! I know when I get in over my head, so maybe I should just dish out the cash for a shop do it ? and that way not worry about it.
thanks for the help in advance!