Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So we pull out of Iraq, then what?

HotRod82
    I've given this a lot of thought and nothing would make me happier than to see all of our troops out of that sh*thole and back home safe with their families. It seems to me though that if ( or when) we leave all hell is going to break loose over there. Iran will support the Shiite from the west and Syria will support the Sunni from the east. Major conflict will erupt and as a result 100's of thousands will die and oil will spike to $150 dollars a barrel. Lots of politicians pushing for withdrawl yet seem to be very shortsided as to the actual effect this would have. If Bush was smart ( ha ha yeah right) maybe he should let congress make the decision to withdraw and stand back and watch the fireworks. Talk about damned if you do, damned if you don't. The next President is going to have their hands full.

fatboy95
    Nothing will change as it has for hundreds of years. we will give them billions of dollars in aid and they will crap all over us like everyone else.We will go after Iran and spend more billions and then try to eradicate poppy farmers in afghanistan and fail again like we already have. Then we will again pump more billions into more third world countries to combat aids and fail again like we have in the past and move more money into North Korea to keep them from selling nuclear material to terrorists.

never_fast_enuf
    No way in hell we could have won WWII with the US populace we have today. It's called war. In a war, you blow things up and kill people. If you blow up more and kill more of the opposition, you tend to win. Americans no longer have the will or stomach to actually win a war.
    No one likes war but sometimes you either fight or get knocked on your ass. Personally, I prefer we not get knocked on our ass again.

YeLLowBoaT
    I've given this a lot of thought and nothing would make me happier than to see all of our troops out of that sh*thole and back home safe with their families. It seems to me though that if ( or when) we leave all hell is going to break loose over there. Iran will support the Shiite from the west and Syria will support the Sunni from the east. .
    thats pretty much what is happening now.

never_fast_enuf
    thats pretty much what is happening now.
    In the end, Iraq will be split up. The sooner, the better. Also, like it or not, we need to maintain our presence there...more than likely, forever.

Blown 472
    No way in hell we could have won WWII with the US populace we have today. It's called war. In a war, you blow things up and kill people. If you blow up more and kill more of the opposition, you tend to win. Americans no longer have the will or stomach to actually win a war.
    No one likes war but sometimes you either fight or get knocked on your ass. Personally, I prefer we not get knocked on our ass again.
    And why are we there again?

SmokinLowriderSS
    Pretty much right, on every single count.
    But then, what do I know, I'm not over there just right now, and I don't sell insurance.

never_fast_enuf
    And why are we there again?
    Gen. Petraeus: "Iraq is, in fact, the central front of al Qaeda's global campaign."
    Now you may not like that fact but a fact it is. This war was brought to America well before 911 but it took 911 to make America wake up and go on the offensive. Sadly, as you so happily represent, many Americans have fallen back asleep.
    Iraq is just a part of the war on terror but right now, it is the most important part since Al Qaeda has made it their main focus as well.
    Tell me...did you fall for the misinformation last week that said Al Qaeda was as strong now as they were pre 911? I bet you bought it hook line and sinker....and surprise, it turned out to be yet another lie reported by the extreme left wing biased "mains stream media" Geee....go figure.

ULTRA26 # 1
    Gen. Petraeus: "Iraq is, in fact, the central front of al Qaeda's global campaign."
    Now you may not like that fact but a fact it is. This war was brought to America well before 911 but it took 911 to make America wake up and go on the offensive. Sadly, as you so happily represent, many Americans have fallen back asleep.
    Iraq is just a part of the war on terror but right now, it is the most important part since Al Qaeda has made it their main focus as well.
    Tell me...did you fall for the misinformation last week that said Al Qaeda was as strong now as they were pre 911? I bet you bought it hook line and sinker....and surprise, it turned out to be yet another lie reported by the extreme left wing biased "mains stream media" Geee....go figure.
    As I recall this message was all over Fox. Hardly "the extreme left wing biased mains stream media"
    They have kids shows that lionize suicide bombers and actually incourage them to grow up and kill themselves for allah. It's scary to see what islamic culture is becoming in many parts of the world.
    An indicator of progress?
    And you talk about falling asleep?? The US went on the offensive in Afghanistan in retaliation for 9/11. After minimal success the US abandoned that mission, and the hunt for Osama bin Laden, the perpetrator of the 9/11 terror attack. Our less than wonderful Commander and Chief opted to change US military focus to Iraq, Saddam and WMD's. with little to no evidence that
    Iraq or Saddam had anything to do 9/11.
    US Intelligence sources, not the so called left wing extreme media, confirm that Osama bin Laden and Al Qaeda are flourishing in Pakistan. Why? Because we are are too busy trying to clean up the mess we unnecessarily made in Iraq.
    I agree that many Americans have gone back to sleep, and you Sir, are apparently one of them.

never_fast_enuf
    LMAO..."all over FOX". Tell me, who broke the story? You understand fully how that works. Once the "news" is out there, everyone reports on it. Again, tell me who "broke" the story. You are less than disingenuous with your "FOX: assertion.
    You and almost every other liberal I have run across totally miss the point on the terrorism issue. We can kill Bin Laden today and Al Qaeda goes on. THAT is a fact that you simply do not want to deal with. At this point, it would be great to kill Bin Laden but again, that is but a small part of the war on terror. It has turned into a democrat talking point and deflection from discussing the real issue of terrorism.
    As for Saddam having anything to do with 911, again, you totally miss the bigger point of what we face. I could argue with you until the next attack about Saddams links with terrorist groups, his willingness to work with those that would attack American interests and how the previous TWO administrations echoed those same FACTS and fears about Saddam. Somehow though you think suddenly none of that took place and Bush simply made it all up.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast