Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: So we pull out of Iraq, then what?

ULTRA26 # 1
    LMAO..."all over FOX". Tell me, who broke the story? You understand fully how that works. Once the "news" is out there, everyone reports on it. Again, tell me who "broke" the story. You are less than disingenuous with your "FOX: assertion.
    You and almost every other liberal I have run across totally miss the point on the terrorism issue. We can kill Bin Laden today and Al Qaeda goes on. THAT is a fact that you simply do not want to deal with. At this point, it would be great to kill Bin Laden but again, that is but a small part of the war on terror. It has turned into a democrat talking point and deflection from discussing the real issue of terrorism.
    As for Saddam having anything to do with 911, again, you totally miss the bigger point of what we face. I could argue with you until the next attack about Saddams links with terrorist groups, his willingness to work with those that would attack American interests and how the previous TWO administrations echoed those same FACTS and fears about Saddam. Somehow though you think suddenly none of that took place and Bush simply made it all up.
    You obviously understand the BIG PICTURE.

never_fast_enuf
    You obviously understand the BIG PICTURE.
    and you obviously do not. Do you honestly think if we kill Bin Laden today that the war on terror is over?

ULTRA26 # 1
    and you obviously do not. Do you honestly think if we kill Bin Laden today that the war on terror is over?
    Of course not.
    We should just let this intelligent maniac run free to continue growing his organization, and develop effective plans to terrorize the US on US soil. Is that what we should do?
    When you bring something of substance to these forums, maybe we can talk again. Until then, you are on your own.
    Have a nice day

eliminatedsprinter
    An indicator of progress?
    Not an indicator of progress. What I am referring to has been going on since long before 911 and the war in Iraq. It is an indicator only of how anti-west and pathological much of the "Islamic World's" culture is and has been for a long time (while we all ignored them). Socially accepted pride killings, subjugation of women, persicution of non Muslims, and the cheering in the street at the initial reports of 911, are all examples of how this culture, that we are up agianst, is twisted, and has reviled, all that is western and infidel for a very long time. The Arab states still hate the British (and to a lesser extent the rest of the west) for militarily forcing them to stop their world wide slave trade.
    You say we have to fight these people with "intellegence" and even though that is vague to the point of being an almost meaningless statement, it is also one that is true.
    Part of this must be understanding the intrensic cultural influences that are driving their hatred of us, much of which have nothing to do with anything we (the west) have done in the last 100 years...

ULTRA26 # 1
    Not an indicator of progress. What I am referring to has been going on since long before 911 and the war in Iraq. It is an indicator only of how anti-west and pathological much of the "Islamic World's" culture is and has been for a long time (while we all ignored them). Socially accepted pride killings, subjugation of women, persicution of non Muslims, and the cheering in the street at the initial reports of 911, are all examples of how this culture, that we are up agianst, is twisted, and has reviled, all that is western and infidel for a very long time. The Arab states still hate the British (and to a lesser extent the rest of the west) for militarily forcing them to stop their world wide slave trade.
    Hmm. If you are fighting a war on drugs do you attack Columbia, occupy Bagota and the rest of the major cities turning average Columbians into freedom fighters willing to die to rid themselves of the occupying Army, and thereby alienating the entire Southern Hemisphere taking the focus from your war on drugs and directing it at imperialistic expansionism? Or do you fund covert operations to take out drug Czars and then work your way down the drug hierarchy to the dealers on the streets?
    Democrats aren't against the war on terror. They are opposed to antiquated and expensive tactics that not only empower terrorists but unite the Arab and Muslim civilians of the world against the United States.
    I tend to agree with this analogy.
    I don't see out efforts in Iraq or the, so called, war on terror as being effective, in fact to the contrary. They hate us, and clearly we hate them. I don't see this changing by trying to engage this visually non disrupt enemy in a ground war. Covert intelligence, quietly taking out the leaders and working our way down the chain.
    We must continue our battle without doubt. We just to start using more brains than brawn
    ES please realize that I respect your opinions and comments

never_fast_enuf
    Of course not.
    We should just let this intelligent maniac run free to continue growing his organization, and develop effective plans to terrorize the US on US soil. Is that what we should do?
    When you bring something of substance to these forums, maybe we can talk again. Until then, you are on your own.
    Have a nice day
    Clearly facts and history are not your forte so let me help you out...
    This war will not be like the war against Iraq a decade ago, with a decisive liberation of territory and a swift conclusion. It will not look like the air war above Kosovo two years ago, where no ground troops were used and not a single American was lost in combat.
    Our response involves far more than instant retaliation and isolated strikes. Americans should not expect one battle, but a lengthy campaign, unlike any other we have ever seen. It may include dramatic strikes, visible on TV, and covert operations, secret even in success. We will starve terrorists of funding, turn them one against another, drive them from place to place, until there is no refuge or no rest. And we will pursue nations that provide aid or safe haven to terrorism. Every nation, in every region, now has a decision to make. Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists. (Applause.) From this day forward, any nation that continues to harbor or support terrorism will be regarded by the United States as a hostile regime.
    Gee...seems you aren't the first to come up with this novel idea. Seems Bush talked about it in his speech to the American people on Sept 20th, 2001
    THIS is what pisses me off about you liberals. You have zero regard for the facts. Your hatred of Bush clouds every aspect of your life.

eliminatedsprinter
    We just to start using more brains than brawn
    I think we need to use both.
    Unfortunatly, the only thing that has worked in the "Islamic World" (esp the Arab portions) in the past, is brute strength. It seems to be the only thing they fear and or respect.
    Soft methods such as aid and negotiations have all too often been seen by them as signs of weakness. I fear that the approach our current bunch of Democrats would use will only cause us to face an even greater confligration in the future.
    I agree that we need to be smart about where we hit, but when we do hit we need to hit with all we have.
    Theodore Roosevelt had to deal with one famous incident of Arab (actually Morrocian) terrorism. His "Big Stick" method worked very well, because it took into account the Arab mentality.

never_fast_enuf
    I think we need to use both.
    Unfortunatly, the only thing that has worked in the "Islamic World" (esp the Arab portions) in the past, is brute strength. It seems to be the only thing they fear and or respect.
    Soft methods such as aid and negotiations have all too often been seen by them as signs of weakness. I fear that the approach our current bunch od Democrats would use will only cause us to face an even greater confligration in the future.
    I agree that we need to be smart about whre we hit, but when we do hit we need to hit with all we have.
    Theodore Roosevelt had to deal with one famous incident of Arab (actually Morrocian) terrorism. His "Big Stick" method worked very well, because it took into account the Arab mentality.
    Well said. We need to and are using every tool we have, including blowing up people and stuff. THAT, they understand. Only the completly blind think we can do it with words alone and only the ignorant think we aren't doing covert ops behind the scenes.
    Seems the only people interested in seeing us fail in Iraq are the democrats and the terrorists. Things that make ya go hmmmmm....

SmokinLowriderSS
    Our less than wonderful Commander and Chief opted to change US military focus to Iraq, Saddam and WMD's. with little to no evidence that
    Iraq or Saddam had anything to do 9/11. .
    Who, just exactly WHO in the administration has ever claimed Iraq had a connection to 9/11/01?
    Whip it out ultra. Who, When, Where? I wanna ("want to") know.

SmokinLowriderSS
    Ultra believes that if we just get out of Iraq, Al-Queda will leave US alone. He has said that directly.
    Thus, yes, he likely believes that one too.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast