Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: So we pull out of Iraq, then what?

ULTRA26 # 1
    Because a war is difficult doesn't mean you shouldn't fight it. Personally, I think the tactic of drawing them out and establishing a "front line" is about the only tactic we had. How much more of Afghanistan could we blow up? We scattered them like rats there and killed many of the enemy. We also established that we would no longer sit back to wait to be attacked.
    Pre 911, the intel we had on Iraq would never have been enough to justify a ground war. Post 911, we couldn't take the chance. Removing Saddam made since on every level. Is there a downside? Of course there is. There are downsides to every strategy.
    [BThe question you have to ask yourself is this...Are we safer?[/B]
    The answer is a resounding yes and it didn't come from JUST the war, the removal of Saddam, covert actions or sound police work and intel gathering. It came from all of the above and all of the above feed on each other. All of the above will also continue to ensure our success.
    Say what you like about W but I truly believe he has the countries best interests in mind as he fights the global war on terrorism. I can't say the same for those in power who wish to see us fail.
    The question you have to ask yourself is this...Are we safer?
    Hell NO
    Are you unable to understand that what we are doing in Iraq hasn't and isn't going to work?
    This Country isn't about failure everyone knows that.

never_fast_enuf
    The question you have to ask yourself is this...Are we safer?
    Hell NO
    Are you unable to understand that what we are doing in Iraq hasn't and isn't going to work?
    This Country isn't about failure everyone knows that.
    Sorry but the facts say yes, we are safer. You can try and ignore it but it is what it is. We are MUCH safer and I don't happen to share your defeatist attitude. You do realize that people who think like you also said we couldn't win WWII...food for thought.

ULTRA26 # 1
    Sorry but the facts say yes, we are safer. You can try and ignore it but it is what it is. We are MUCH safer and I don't happen to share your defeatist attitude. You do realize that people who think like you also said we couldn't win WWII...food for thought.
    I suggest that you check the facts again, as you absolutely wrong in this regard.
    BTW, my attitude is not one of defeat and if you had read anything that I have stated yoou would know that.
    This is the exact point I have stated over and over and have been labeled a liberal pussy for stating the same.
    I don't believe anyone with half a brain, liberal or otherwise, believes that the fight against the terrorists around the world is nearly over. A ground war in Iraq will never produce the result that this Country is seeking which, as I see it, is the reduction or elimination or terrorist attacks around the world. I have suggested a more covert and intelligent approach as a more effective means of attaining our Country's goal, and will continue to. Let me add to that a more aggressive approach as well. The cowboys and Indians method, simply isn't working.
    Read it again. Defeatist. I don't think so.
    You sir are a political bigot. Sad but true

Liberator TJ1984
    we piss off Russia and go to war with them ! Nuclear WW3 is next
    hav'nt you read Nostradamas's predictions ???

ULTRA26 # 1
    we piss off Russia and go to war with them ! Nuclear WW3 is next
    hav'nt you read Nostradamas's predictions ???
    In fact I have.
    According to many in th PR forums, we are already involved in WWIII, so it may be just a matter of time. I would like think this wasn't the case.

never_fast_enuf
    I suggest that you check the facts again, as you absolutely wrong in this regard.
    BTW, my attitude is not one of defeat and if you had read anything that I have stated yoou would know that.
    Read it again. Defeatist. I don't think so.
    You sir are a political bigot. Sad but true
    You can assign terms to me that fit your perception all you like. I am an American first, a conservative second. That is who I am. I use common sense in my thinking and eliminate emotion as that will taint reality.
    The fact is, we are safer today than we were before 911. There are many reasons for that as well. The war in Iraq hasn't made us safer per se but it has increased our ability to gather intel on what al Qaeda is up to which does make us safer. We now share info between government agencies which we didn't do before 911. That makes us safer. Again, there are many reasons why we ARE safer, despite your emotional protestations....
    I deal with facts....not emotion.

ULTRA26 # 1
    You can assign terms to me that fit your perception all you like. I am an American first, a conservative second. That is who I am. I use common sense in my thinking and eliminate emotion as that will taint reality.
    The fact is, we are safer today than we were before 911. There are many reasons for that as well. The war in Iraq hasn't made us safer per se but it has increased our ability to gather intel on what al Qaeda is up to which does make us safer. We now share info between government agencies which we didn't do before 911. That makes us safer. Again, there are many reasons why we ARE safer, despite your emotional protestations....
    I deal with facts....not emotion.
    Is the following an example of your dealing with facts and not emotion?
    Originally Posted by ULTRA26 # 1
    Please educate me. Other than Smokin, who else here has been to or have had children in Iraq? Have you served in the military in Iraq?
    Your response
    That is a complete bull$hit deflection that is typical of liberals. Your premise is totally dishonest from the get go. With this bull$hit comment, you immediately imply if you don't have kids in combat, you don't care about the soldiers lives. Total horse $hit and typical Michael More liberal drivel.

never_fast_enuf
    Is the following an example of your dealing with facts and not emotion?
    Your deflections are usually better than that. Again, the fact is, we ARE safer. The fact that you attempted to deflect from that fact speaks volumes.
    See...I love facts.

ULTRA26 # 1
    Your deflections are usually better than that. Again, the fact is, we ARE safer. The fact that you attempted to deflect from that fact speaks volumes.
    See...I love facts.
    Smokin, it worked for a little while. No more.

eliminatedsprinter
    In fact I have.
    According to many in th PR forums, we are already involved in WWIII, so it may be just a matter of time. I would like think this wasn't the case.
    I think this may be the lead up to WWIII and I hope we can prevent it from becoming as big of a conflagration as the last one was, by not repeating the apeasment, that allowed it to get so out of hand.
    I am aware that you don't see many of the similarities betweeen the lead up to the last WW and these times. I am also aware that you think I don't see or am ignoring the differances. The problem is, the similarities that I do see are the ones that were the most critical and ignored back in the 30's. And the differances only seem to indicate that our enemies in this may actually be worse than they were back then. I want this to be forcefully delt with now, so that my son wont have to be part of a major WW, like my great uncles and my grand parents were.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast