Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trailer Stuff

Going to buy some rims and tires for the trailer, I'm trying to figure out what size i need and i figured i would post here because this stuff is probably a common size.
    So far from what i can tell, i have a 5 lug setup, size looks to be 4.5". The backspacing measures about 2.5". Does this sound right? Trailer is a tandem axle and was probably originally for a 20-21ft boat (my boat is 18'). I plan on ordering this stuff online, would rather not have to drag this thing to a tire shop.

GunninGopher
    Last year I went to discount with one of my tires and had them hook me up. I wanted to get a slightly bigger tire, so they gave me a set that they thought would work. I took 'em home and bolted them up and they rubbed. They took 'em back without question and mounted up something that worked better, no questions asked.
    I'd think twice about ordering on line. They usually have decent alloy wheels on sale, too.

also.. rim looks to be about 7" wide from the inboard flange to the outboard flange

Last year I went to discount with one of my tires and had them hook me up. I wanted to get a slightly bigger tire, so they gave me a set that they thought would work. I took 'em home and bolted them up and they rubbed. They took 'em back without question and mounted up something that worked better, no questions asked.
    I'd think twice about ordering on line. They usually have decent alloy wheels on sale, too.
    I'm looking for a cheap setup, rims i'm looking at now are about 30-40 bucks each... Last i talked to american tire they wanted about 60+ a rim

GunninGopher
    I got trailmaster tires for $80 each and these wheels were about $50. They'll bolt 'em up for free if you drag it down there. This combo is super light, and the wheels will never rust. I used to buy cheap 'ol steel wheels, but they rust too easy, even the nicely chromed ones.
    http://www.theolanders.net/dave/IMAG0004.JPG

Greaser
    I redid an old trailer for my boat over the winter, and found out the hardway that the back spacing needed on my newer trailer was different from my old trailer. I ended up having to run a 14x7 reverse wheel on mine. I went with the ol skool crager s/s. This is the only pic I have of the trailer.http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...newtrailer.jpg

RitcheyRch
    My buddy thought the same thing about having aluminum wheels to keep from rusting. His problem was that eventually the lug nuts being chrome plated corroded so badly that they welded themselves to the wheel.
    I got trailmaster tires for $80 each and these wheels were about $50. They'll bolt 'em up for free if you drag it down there. This combo is super light, and the wheels will never rust. I used to buy cheap 'ol steel wheels, but they rust too easy, even the nicely chromed ones.
    http://www.theolanders.net/dave/IMAG0004.JPG

i went to American tire and found rims for about 50 each... tires are 70 each though... I'm going to see if i can find something cheaper thats decent.

bead
    with mine . i had 14 " rims decided to go with 15x8 on a 225/60/15. problem was the fender needed to be larger . so i went with a 9" wide fender for that fat and low look . steele fenders $80.00 rims and tires 600.00 , paint for the fenders, freeby

bead
    ---------------

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast