Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Tricks I Need To Know?

Just purhased a hydraulic "Place" diverter for my SBC 16ft Tahiti w/12JE pump. Any tricks I would like to know for install? What are your thoughts on some of the accessories? Steering wheel switch,trim indicator gauge kit or braided hydraulic line kit? Thanks in advance.

OverKill
    OK for starters I do have the hydraulic diverter, and it is the best thing you will buy for trim control. You have 32 different settings over less then 10 with the manual control.
    Do this right away. Call Phil Bergeron for the custom aluminum hydraulic mount. Much better for mounting and stability than that cheap black plastic thing you got with the kit. His number is (480) 834-1531, tell him James from the auto accident sent you.
    As far as mounting. I put mine on the back left of the inside transom. Just above the floor, useing countersunk philips bolts with a tefflock nut. I did in fact use the steel braded lines, one it looks better than the poly lines, two it is threaded and will not pull out from the fastners like the poly lines can do. You should of also received some cheap black plastic thread locks that you thread to the hull with. Get rid of them and use the stainless ones that come with the stainless lines, Phil Bergeron custom makes these also, a must have.
    Now You also received the wireing loom that connects to the toggle switch to the pump to the battery. Phil Bergeron also custom makes an easy to use plug in wireing harness that is used with the wireing you already have. This harness is used to getting power straight from the battery. By doing this it moves the diverter twice as fast and will make your hydraulic pump last longer. He does shipping every day and could have this stuff to you in no time at all. I really hope all will work out for you, as I must say I am very well pleased. Phil Bergeron will not steer you wrong and will get you setup to operate it's best.
    OverKill
    P.S. Keep us posted and let me know if there is anything else I can do.

OverKill
    One more thing. If you don't like the toggle switch or the steering wheel mounted switch. You can use the rocker switch with the four bolt mount that I/O boaters use for there trim tabs. They look cool and work the same, ask Phil about this also. I don't like the steering wheel mount because it looks like a GAY PHONE CORD.
    OverKill

jbone
    No need for the diverter indicator, in my opinion. You will be able to feel if it is trimmed right, or just look back at the roost.
    J

OverKill
    No need for the diverter indicator, in my opinion. You will be able to feel if it is trimmed right, or just look back at the roost.
    J
    Good point jbone. You can feel the torque when you hit the sweet spot.

squirt'nmyload
    OK for starters I do have the hydraulic diverter, and it is the best thing you will buy for trim control. You have 32 different settings over less then 10 with the manual control.
    Do this right away. Call Phil Bergeron for the custom aluminum hydraulic mount. Much better for mounting and stability than that cheap black plastic thing you got with the kit. His number is (480) 834-1531, tell him James from the auto accident sent you.
    As far as mounting. I put mine on the back left of the inside transom. Just above the floor, useing countersunk philips bolts with a tefflock nut. I did in fact use the steel braded lines, one it looks better than the poly lines, two it is threaded and will not pull out from the fastners like the poly lines can do. You should of also received some cheap black plastic thread locks that you thread to the hull with. Get rid of them and use the stainless ones that come with the stainless lines, Phil Bergeron custom makes these also, a must have.
    Now You also received the wireing loom that connects to the toggle switch to the pump to the battery. Phil Bergeron also custom makes an easy to use plug in wireing harness that is used with the wireing you already have. This harness is used to getting power straight from the battery. By doing this it moves the diverter twice as fast and will make your hydraulic pump last longer. He does shipping every day and could have this stuff to you in no time at all. I really hope all will work out for you, as I must say I am very well pleased. Phil Bergeron will not steer you wrong and will get you setup to operate it's best.
    OverKill
    P.S. Keep us posted and let me know if there is anything else I can do.
    this post brought to you by Phil Bergeron

OverKill
    LMAO. No kidding brother, you would think I work for the man as much as I talk about him. I wish I could if my health was better.
    So you beeped in while I was talking with TAF. Did he tell you about Apache Lake in two weeks?

squirt'nmyload
    LMAO. No kidding brother, you would think I work for the man as much as I talk about him. I wish I could if my health was better.
    So you beeped in while I was talking with TAF. Did he tell you about Apache Lake in two weeks?
    yes, but i have to work next saturday. it's a very slim chance but i might go up sunday.

Cas
    the Banderlog Diverter Relay works great! I've had one for 3 years now with the least little hitch.
    http://banderlog.com/products/powerR.../withLabel.jpg
    Feeds power to your trim pump directly from your battery.
    Very simple plug-n'-play installation.
    Does not need external diodes to work.
    Works with any three way switch.
    Built in fuse.
    Complete kit includes wire, anchors and end connectors.
    http://banderlog.com/products/powerR...owerRelay.html

FuelInMyVeins82
    Clean the solenoids before you put it in! A bug leg will cause those tings to stay open and it wont work right. Make sure the lines are sano as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast