Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iraqi informants may be the key

bigq
    I have heard and read many stories lately of the Iraqi people stepping up to the plate. It may turn it around if they can keep it up.
    July 18, RUSHDI MULLAH, Iraq — Iraqi informants led coalition forces to three massive caches north of Rushdi Mullah, Iraq, July 18.
    Accompanying the informants were Soldiers of Company C, 2nd Battalion, 14th Infantry Regiment, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division (Light Infantry) out of Fort Drum, N.Y., who helped seize the caches just 20 miles south of Baghdad.
    “Over the last several weeks, the number of Iraqis who have been sharing tips with us is astounding,” said Maj. Web Wright, a spokesperson for the 2nd BCT. “There has been a turning of the tides against al-Qaida in this area. The people are tired of them and are turning their backs on AQI.”
    All three caches were found buried in 55-gallon drums within 100 meters of one another.
    The contents of the caches included 13 rocket propelled grenades, 150 bags of Russian mortar propellant charges, two 57 mm mortar rockets, an armor-piercing rocket propelled grenade, four cylindrical explosive charges, two square explosive charges, two hand-launched star cluster flares, a Russian fragmentary hand grenade, 25 mortar propellant charges, 100 12.7 mm DiSHKA heavy machine gun rounds, 20 25 mm rounds, a 75-round Ak-47 ammunition drum, three sniper rifle scopes, two mortar sights, 10 cell phone chargers, five radios, a pressure plate, a machine gun lower receiver, two 7.62 mm machine gun barrels, two bottles of glucose, four vehicle cell phone chargers, an improvised explosive device command wire initiator, a hands-free telephone headset, an eight-battery holder, four cell phone batteries, a 4.8 voltage rechargeable battery, a seven-piece antenna, two flip-open cell phones, four Motorola talk-abouts, a cordless phone, a cordless phone base, a toy cell phone improvised explosive device (IED) initiator, two phone cords, an antenna extension, two keyless-entry devices with IED initiator switches, two magnets, two circuit boards and various nuts and bolts.
    Radio and cell phone accessories are commonly used to detonate IEDs.
    An explosive ordnance disposal team destroyed the ordnance.

never_fast_enuf
    If our political nit-wit democrat leaders have their way, the informants will shut up and no info would be shared. Why would they risk their lives if they think we are going to leave them to be slaughtered?

jkh04200
    Never,
    Amen!
    Oh but I'm sure the libs will put a spin on it. Or better yet probably not even respond because they cant.

bigq
    If our political nit-wit democrat leaders have their way, the informants will shut up and no info would be shared. Why would they risk their lives if they think we are going to leave them to be slaughtered?
    All the more I would be helping if I was an Iraqi. Wouldn't you want the bad guys gone as soon as possible if you knew the protectors were thinking of packing up.

eliminatedsprinter
    All the more I would be helping if I was an Iraqi. Wouldn't you want the bad guys gone as soon as possible if you knew the protectors were thinking of packing up.
    It still would take some guts. Nobody wants to be the guy who helps us right before we bail out and nobody would want to be the last guy tortured and beheaded right before things get peacefull either. Either way this goes, there will be some who will suffer for helping us (and themselves). We generally don't torture and behead those who work against us, so it must be kind of tough to go against those who do that kind of shi#.....

bigq
    It still would take some guts. Nobody wants to be the guy who helps us right before we bail out and nobody would want to be the last guy tortured and beheaded right before things get peacefull either. Either way this goes, there will be some who will suffer for helping us (and themselves). We generally don't torture and behead those who work against us, so it must be kind of tough to go against those who do that kind of shi#.....
    Well ya there is that
    Still curious about some of the poles I have seen that say a high percentage of Muslims that want nothing to do worth us. I get the feeling that they are getting closer and closer to forcing the Muslim ways on the world. How long that will take is the question:idea:

CPBRIAN10THMTN
    Thats my old unit, thats pretty wierd that its up here, i know they guys that found that. Its about time the informants started giving good info, when i was there 9 times out of 10 any info from an informant was BS, it was them just tryin to get a handout

Poster X
    Ironic how we start talking pullout and they lead us to a couple caches worth 10 grand and you guys cum all over yourselves wanting to spend another 100 billion and lose another 3,000 of our young peoples lives. Maybe the insurgents know you're idiots?

CPBRIAN10THMTN
    Ironic that they lead us to a couple caches worth maybe 10,000 bucks and you cum all over yourselves wanting to spend another 100 billion or so dollars lose another 3,000 or so of our young peoples lives. Maybe the insurgents know you're idiots?
    Or maybe they just know their are negative, ignorant americans assuming stuff? I don't know, i don't assume stuff or judge people i don't know. Believe it or not there are REAL people over there that do care about their country and want to try to make a difference. How about we look at the positive and say wow, they found that big cache that could have potentially killed alot of american soldiers. You are entitled to your opinion but I have been there and met the people and the majority of the people there really do want their country to flourish. Regardless of their past they are proud of where they are from just like you and me. I

ULTRA26 # 1
    Or maybe they just know their are negative, ignorant americans assuming stuff? I don't know, i don't assume stuff or judge people i don't know. Believe it or not there are REAL people over there that do care about their country and want to try to make a difference. How about we look at the positive and say wow, they found that big cache that could have potentially killed alot of american soldiers. You are entitled to your opinion but I have been there and met the people and the majority of the people there really do want their country to flourish. Regardless of their past they are proud of where they are from just like you and me. I
    Brian,
    It's a pleasure to hear from someone that isn't all hateful and sh*t.
    Your comment ] don't assume stuff or judge people i don't know, was a display of class. Glad you made it back safely.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast