Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where To Boat In Ohio

payloan
    What are some of the better lakes in Northern Ohio, Akron area.

JOHNNYBEGOOD
    Lake Erie. This is some big water. You will have no problem with your Dana getting out to Put-In-Bay. This a major party place just off shore from Port Clinton.

payloan
    Got any pictures. Is it performance boating or more of the sailing and bigger fishing boaters? Lets cut to the chase, is there anything like Lake Havasu here in Southern California out in Ohio?

JOHNNYBEGOOD
    From what I hear from the left coasters, there is nothing like Lake Havasu anywhere.

DelawareDave
    Try here. Most of these guys are local in Ohio.
    http://www.stupidfastboats.com

Wet Dream
    Pymatuming in PA, decent size, or Erie, but thats huge. What size boat do you have? If you've never been on Erie its just like the ocean, minus the salt. 7 miles out, you seen nothing but water. Morning swells of 1-2 feet, easily get 5 to 7's with a little wind. Thunderstorms sneak up. If you play inside the bay, its beautiful. I used to go up to Erie and fish with a 17' open bow. Talk about exciting. 5' swells. Hammer the throttle to get up, and ride the surf through the trough. Talking about it makes me want to do it all over again.

Checkmate
    Depends on the type of boat ya have. I take my 21 to Lake Erie, but I usually choose the Huron river for my "non wave liking" jet. Been wanting to try Sandusky Bay, but never got around to it.

payloan
    23' I/O open bow. Like to pull the kids on the tubes and stuff. Lake Erie is so fricken huge it kind of makes my stomach weak.

Greybeard
    Here's a site based in Northern Ohio...Just started up.
    www.greatlakesoffshore.com

Checkmate
    If you want to take the kids tubin, skiin, or knee boardin without beatin the hell out of them then head to the Huron river. NO waves.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast