Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you guys think

Nord
    That 19-22 foot boats I/O,V drives, jets,etc, will be the wave of future purchases for the boating industry??
    ~NORD~

phebus
    Nope, too many big boats out there already. Makes it too tough on the little boats in bigger water.

Tom Brown
    I think people are starting to see the benefits of the 16' Glastron platform and are going to begin converting to it in droves.

uvindex
    That 19-22 foot boats I/O,V drives, jets,etc, will be the wave of future purchases for the boating industry??
    ~NORD~"Boating industry" is a pretty broad term. That term includes everything from little skiffs with 9.9 HP outboards to 500-foot megayachts, not to mention bass boats, trawlers, and a bunch of other niches.
    Maybe the 19-22 foot category won't be dominant for the ***boat market. However, boats of that size are obviously less expensive than bigger boats and will continue to be a sweet spot for first-time boat buyers (who then move up to larger boats after a year or two -- the infamous "two foot-itis"). Experienced boaters (who probably started in the 19-22 foot category) will opt for bigger boats, of course.

riverbound
    I will be the one who disagrees. With gas prices going the way they are and insurance going the way it is, I think you will see the popularity of the large high horsepower cats dwindle and people will be going back to what they can actually afford to own and run (My guess is a decent part of our new "Hot Tooners" is representative of that) I think we will see a resurgance in the smaller boat market in the near future.

edog_103
    I think it depends on where you like to go. If you like Havasu and the big lakes, you gotta have a big boat. Me, I like to go down south where there is less civilization. Not sure the big boats could make it down there.

OCMerrill
    I think people are starting to see the benefits of the 16' Glastron platform and are going to begin converting to it in droves.
    Those must be some fine meds your taking.

77charger
    I dont plan on selling mine to get a bigger boat it suits me just fine and use it at powell,havasu, plus local lakes.Plus i can drive my boat around all day on a tank of gas actually weekend vs sit in a crowded channel or beach worrying about how much gas i use
    Besides it will be much easier for most to pay 20k vs 50k plus if a budget is tight

edog_103
    Lets not forget cleaning and detailing, after a weekend of use.

squirt'nmyload
    only if the man comes up with some bullshit laws to keep big boats out of our lakes and rivers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast