Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Teaser

Your stoked!!! Why does the motor surge like that. Almost sounds like a blower motor.
    Not sure, it's always done that though, even with the 396 that used to be in it.. I want to say it has somthing to do with that manifold/carbs but i honesly dont know anything about it, i always thought loops came from the cam. I love the way it sounds though, the loop bumps around from 1000 to 1500 rpm on the trailer. Right now with where i have the idle at it only does that if i give the throttle a quick blip, it will surge a few times and then catch up with it self... i just give it another blip I wish i could run the idle lower but as of right now if i get off the throttle and the idle is where i want it the motor shuts down. I'm going to play with the timing more and see what happenes, right now i'm at around 15-18 deg @ around 1000rpm and 35 deg total at 3200 rpm. I'm going to change the bushing to try to get at least 36 out of it, sounds like i should try for 38 if i can get away with it.
    *EDIT* thinking back now, my dad took the 396 and put it in his truck, and the truck had the same surge but it was alot faster and didnt have such a wide rpm range... I think the computer was attempting to correct for it though. Not sure, must be the cam and/or piston combo? The 396 had domed pistons like i have now, not sure about the cam... My cam was designed for my combo by Chris Straubb... I'm sure sombody will chime in and give us some info about it.

Daytona100
    Sounds good.

ck7684
    I'm curious about the cam specs, or are they top secret??

I'm curious about the cam specs, or are they top secret??
    My cam spec's are not secret. Once the customer has them they are free to share with whom ever. Just remember one thing, each cam I do for someone is designed for his/her combination and to reach his or her goal. I can't design the "Ultimate" Jet cam, doesn't exist because with human nature we are all different. Shaun's 454 is a different animal then Steelcomps 454 with different combination of parts and goals.

ck7684
    Right-O, I was just wondering because our builds are fairly similiar and I was wondering how close our cam specs were to each other...

Right-O, I was just wondering because our builds are fairly similiar and I was wondering how close our cam specs were to each other...
    Did you get your cam from Chris also?

ck7684
    Nope, got mine from Bullet Cams...

always remember Shaun, there no stipid questions, just stupid answers, and not one of the people you listed that helped you hit the ground running. They ALL had to learn and ask a ton of questions too. So pat your self on the back for getting it done and being smart enuff to ask, (the right people), and the most important thing, YOU LEARNED SOMETHING. CONGRATS

Fiat48
    I could sense the excitement in your video. This is what it is all about.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12