Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dog escaping!!

riverracerx
    So my 24 lb. miniature american eskimo keeps getting out of my yard. He jumps over my 5'6" slumpstone wall and then roams the neighborhood. Aside from making the wall taller, is there something I can put on the top to keep him from pouncing over it?
    He is 9 and crafty. He walks the length of the yard staring at the wall to see where it is the shortest. Then he hops over into the neighbors yard and walks out through his iron gate.
    Ideas?

Racey
    the old perimeter zap collar, once he gets that first zap he wont try again.

78Eliminator
    You ever see the movie "Misery" where the insane fan "hobbles" the famous writer James Caan was playing? lol............

Cole Trickle
    So my 24 lb. miniature american eskimo keeps getting out of my yard. He jumps over my 5'6" slumpstone wall and then roams the neighborhood. Aside from making the wall taller, is there something I can put on the top to keep him from pouncing over it?
    He is 9 and crafty. He walks the length of the yard staring at the wall to see where it is the shortest. Then he hops over into the neighbors yard and walks out through his iron gate.
    Ideas?
    I don't think you need to worry about how....i think you should think about why????
    Has he seen you browsing the see-do boards or websites looking at boats? What about the yammaha brochures on the table?
    If the answer to any of those are yes he might be looking for a new ***boating family with a cool ride.
    Maybe small ankel weights?:devil: :idea:

finsfan4life
    Ideas?
    Be careful with ur Stevenson Ranch neighbors up there, they'll call Santa Clarita Sheriff real qwk....!!!! ha

the old perimeter zap collar, once he gets that first zap he wont try again.
    My neighbor had the same problem with a big yellow lab. He was often in my yard and couldn't get back over because wall is higher on my side. They put the perimeter collar on him and the problem ended. He won't get within 5 feet of the wall now. You basically run a wire around the perimeter and a collar on the dog. Dog gets too close, dog gets a little current through the collar. Dog doesn't like that. Dog learns wall is not a good place to hang.

MRS FLYIN VEE
    Ideas?
    keep him off my lawn. J/K
    I say what a few have said also. The colar with a little zap should be good and it doesn't harm them. I have heard they learn this real fast.
    Good Luck

Schiada76
    My wife came in the kitchen the other morning and said there was a little black dog with an SC sweater on running around the yard. It was the next door neighbors and didn't like dumping in his own yard.:jawdrop: I was just glad to find out our little dog only crapped half as much as I thought it did.

SummitKarl
    Ideas?
    run a piece of 2" pipe along the top inside edge of the wall..the same pipe used for chain link fence posts....dogs don't have thumbs and the dog will not be able to latch his paws to the top of the wall and pull himself over with the smooth rounded shape of the pipe... trust me I have a 7yr old escape artist myself and a 6ft fence is nothing to her
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...ium/dinga1.jpg

barbigrl
    I don't think you need to worry about how....i think you should think about why????
    Has he seen you browsing the see-do boards or websites looking at boats? What about the yammaha brochures on the table?
    If the answer to any of those are yes he might be looking for a new ***boating family with a cool ride.
    Maybe small ankel weights?:devil: :idea:
    HAHAHAHA..... I think you might be right Brandon... Is it a female dog??? Maybe she is looking for a bigger boat!! lol.. j/k

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast