Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Verizon Wireless hookup! Hot boat 3 Day Sale!

Outnumbered
    WTF is up with their webiste? I called them and they said they are working on it but it's been f'd up for months. I can't even pay my bill online anymore because I can't get on the website. It sucks ass. Any news on this? Verizon coverage is good in Phoenix and at Lake Mead where we boat most of the time. I think it is the best out there but their webiste SUCKS
    There...now I feel a little better

frdvschvy
    WTF is up with their webiste? I called them and they said they are working on it but it's been f'd up for months. I can't even pay my bill online anymore because I can't get on the website. It sucks ass. Any news on this? Verizon coverage is good in Phoenix and at Lake Mead where we boat most of the time. I think it is the best out there but their webiste SUCKS
    There...now I feel a little better
    I know it was down for service during the last weekend but this is the first complaint I have ever heard about the site. Never had any issues on the website with my personal account. Not sure what's causing your issue.

frdvschvy
    Mike,
    When is the replacement for the 6700 coming out? On the cell forums they call it the XV6800. There were sneak peeks of it out in December... here is one of them... http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2006/1...ma-tytn-lives/
    Last I heard, it was going through beta testing and such.
    I have five lines with Verizon, and everyone but me switched to the Q-phone of the Black Q phone last year since the 6500's and 6700's we have suck. I am the holdout with the 6700 because I really need the functionality, but I am really looking forward to the new 6800.
    Any news?
    I am also thinking about getting one of the "G-Shock" phones for the boat and forwarding my calls to it. Is that easily possible?
    I absolutely hate that Verizon doesn't work at the river. I am strongly considering moving at least one line to Sprint just so I can get data service there. I do a lot of business in Havasu, and I currently have to drive back to Parker to use e-mail, internet etc...
    Yes, the XV6800 is currently in beta testing. It was originally supposed to launch earlier in the rear but has been pushed back several times for reasons I am unaware of. Been hearing rumors of a rough launch date but they don't tell us much. In fact the websites like the one you posted above often find out about them before we do. I've got quite a few business customers waiting for this device as well as the Treo 755P.
    See one of my above post regarding the data service in Havasu city. Mohave Cellular making life tough for us there.

frdvschvy
    Hey Mike,
    Can you hook me up with a sponsorship package from Verizon Wireless or get me a lead to get one? We are putting together an offshore race team for the 2008 Season and plan on contending for a championship. Check out our website: www.aqua-holic-racing.com
    Thanks,
    Johnny
    I can get you some contact info but just a heads up that Verizon is very particular about donations and sponsorships. If you were helping raise funds to help domestic abuse victims or breast cancer patients you might have a chance. Not sure if they are going to bite on the offshore racing sponsorship but not my call. I'll see what I can come up with.

a little off subject.....I am going on a cruise to Alaska (Glacier Bay) will my phone work there...I need to figure out how I will dispatch my drivers...

frdvschvy
    a little off subject.....I am going on a cruise to Alaska (Glacier Bay) will my phone work there...I need to figure out how I will dispatch my drivers...
    We have mini cell sites aboard most major cruise ships that route the calls through the ships communications systems. No cell sites floating in the ocean so this will only work aboard participating cruise lines. You can select your cruise ship from the dropdown menu on http://mobileoptions.vzw.com/interna...es/Mexico.html to check coverage and rates. I will warn you ahead of time that it will not be cheap.

frdvschvy
    Thanks to those who have placed orders. Glad we were able to put together great deals for you.

Froggystyle
    I guess that is good news... eventually.
    So realistically, the Mojave corridor is going to be Sprint land for the conceivable future?
    I guess it isn't the end of the world getting a single data line through Sprint, but it does seem like a waste.
    How about the G-shock question?

frdvschvy
    The GZ'one Type S is a great choice for those that work around water or other harsh conditions. You can forward calls to this phone for no extra charge but it would have to be activated as an additional line on the account. Not sure how cost effective this would be for you.

Kachina26
    Mike,
    When is the replacement for the 6700 coming out? On the cell forums they call it the XV6800. There were sneak peeks of it out in December... here is one of them... http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2006/1...ma-tytn-lives/
    Last I heard, it was going through beta testing and such.
    I have five lines with Verizon, and everyone but me switched to the Q-phone of the Black Q phone last year since the 6500's and 6700's we have suck. I am the holdout with the 6700 because I really need the functionality, but I am really looking forward to the new 6800.
    Any news?
    I am also thinking about getting one of the "G-Shock" phones for the boat and forwarding my calls to it. Is that easily possible?
    I absolutely hate that Verizon doesn't work at the river. I am strongly considering moving at least one line to Sprint just so I can get data service there. I do a lot of business in Havasu, and I currently have to drive back to Parker to use e-mail, internet etc...
    You can get data service up by Walmart. I'm thinking of dropping Verizon for that very reason. Sorry for the hi jack.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12