Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Holley 650 exploded view needed

infotraker
    I'm running 2 Holley 4777-4 carbs. I need to see a exploded view (online). I think these are 650's (4150 model). The rebuild kit I have shows view for what looks like a 660. Hopefully I can find an exact blowup of my carbs. Anyone know where to see the diagram ? I think I got something put back wrong in one of the carbs as it has problems.

GofastRacer
    Well let's see if this works!.
    Holley (http://www.holley.com/data/TechServi...ded%20View.pdf)

infotraker
    Thanks for the info. Holley tech. gave me online diagram that is same as in rebuild kit. The diagram shows carb with metering plates, does not match mine. It would be nice to have a diagram showing my exact 650 4777-4 carb. but there does not seem to be one. There is a book just about Holley carbs I may need to find and look at.

old flat
    The expolded views in those links are showing 4160 models, if I'm not mistaken the list #4777 is a 1450. Just a minor observation.
    STEVE

Sangster
    Thanks for the info. Holley tech. gave me online diagram that is same as in rebuild kit. The diagram shows carb with metering plates, does not match mine. It would be nice to have a diagram showing my exact 650 4777-4 carb. but there does not seem to be one. There is a book just about Holley carbs I may need to find and look at.
    could they possibly be 660's

4777-4 is a 4150/650 double pumper WITH METERING PLATES, if you carb says 4777-4 on the choke horn and doesn't have metering plates, something is really jacked up. 4224- 660 cfm center squiters are model 4160 type and don't have metering plates on the secondaries

DUCKY
    GN7 is correct. a 4777-4 is a model 4150 double pump. I think the confusion here is the difference between metering blocks (adjustable jets) and metering plates (non adjustable) like on a 4160 carb. Your carb has metering blocks on the secondaries. Factory jets are 67 primary, 73 secondary with a 6.5" power valve on the primary and none on the secondary. The only difference from an assembly diagram standpoint, between the primary and secondary, is the lack of a power valve, the necessary vacuum port to run said power valve, and the lack of idle mixture screws on the secondaries.

YeLLowBoaT
    4777-x are 4150 650s.
    I've got a holley book that has all the rebuild specs and diagrams if you want to barrow it.

infotraker
    Thanks. My carb has the metering blocks. Running 2 on tunnel. 73 primary, 80 secondary with 65 power valve. Put in power valve protection kit on both. Strange situation going on with carbs. I'll add a picture later today. I rebuilt both and for some reason (brain problem) I got the end carb turned around from the front carb (dont know if it was like that originally). The choke assembly side (not using) of the carb is reverersed from the front carb (carb body mounted 180 degrees from other carb). Of coures the bases are the same direction for linkage. When I saw this I took the rear carb off the base and turned the body around. That caused much gas to flow out the exhaust when started. Now its all back to the first way, engine runs ok but carb bodies are reversed. Picture is worth a lot. Any ideas Or am i just mixed up and crazy ? Funky flame arrestors usually under scoop.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...10022small.jpg
    As you can see the front carb has body mounted with choke assemby on back side, back carb has assembly (just mount holes, assembly off) on front side. Metering blocks are mounted the same for both carbs and correct to body.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...10023small.jpg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast