Thread: jacuzzi pump help

inline6power
    i got a 77 carribean witha jacuzzi 12wj pump. this is my first boat and it ran great, has a bbf 466 with about 550hp. was only able to get up to about 53mph. what can i do to get more? can i simply upgrade to a better jet like a berkeley or can i get more speed with what i got? dont know much about jets so any help would be greately appreciated thanks.

Inline that (Jacuzzi wj) is a decent jet and can ,with a little work provide good performance and reliabilty We have a Miller 18 running 80 mph with a slightly modified WJ and BBC There also "Energizer kits available to you as well. What would be helpfull here is a little more info on you boat ! What were you WOT rpms vs speed ,how big is the boat and how was it loaded when you tested it Tom

inline6power
    thanks tom, it was a pleasure to talk to you. boat is a 18 foot carribean with a big block ford 466 dynoed right at 500hp. pump is completely stock, dosent look like it has EVER been touched. could be worn out so maybe a rebuild kit plus some performance stuff that we talked about. just let me know what you think. thanks again.

inline6power
    roughly what kind of mph gain is expected from putting on a diverter?