I have an 86 Eliminator Scorpion. The boat drags its a$$ and runs flat and wet. After searching I found that this is an issue with with these hulls, and that's why the were only made for a few years. I also seen it mentioned they were better suited with an outboard and don't work very well as a jet. Well I'm stuck with the boat for now. Its stable and a nice ride but wont set the world on fire.
Is there anything that I can do to get more lift to get the hull on top of the water?
I would like to know what is so different about the bottom on this boat compared to the better performing tunnel hulls as I understand this is what is holding the boat back.
Anyone have bottom photos of the better performing/more desirable tunnel hulls or know where I could find some? I'd like to compare them to my hull.
My boat has a shoe and ride plate. The shoe is tapered. In the pic the shoe is 1/8" above the keel. The ride plate has some up angle to it. I have not put an angle finder on it yet so I don't know the degrees of angle. The pump has a loader, which I sharpened all the leading edges. The loaders leading edge hangs about an inch below the keel. The pump is fresh with a stock AA American Turbine stainless impeller, clearance @ 25 thousandths. I also spent a lot of time blending the suction housing to the intake housing removing all sharp edges, filling low spots and speed coating the inside of the pump. The bottom of the boat is flat and smooth, it is a perfect transition to the intake. Also running a diverter and droop.
At 6000 rpm it feels like the boat noses over and the rpms go up. Could this be cavitation at this point? I have gpsed @ 85 mph with two people, full interior, 30 gals. of gas and the tool bag on board. I don't know the hull weight. Its not a light layup.
Sorry about the large photo its the only one I have of the boat at speed.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...96DSC00837.JPG