Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eliminator Scorpion running flat and wet

JR131
    yes that is true but that will also force the water to come over the deck during shut down

sdpm
    yes it is Ron
    the reason you can run so much nose lift is because it has so much
    positive down force on the deck but we also changed the keel quite a bit from the standard bottom to get it out of the water like that
    jr
    Hi Jr, I think your dad was about the only one that could make these boats work. I remember him running one back in the mid 80's at Parker and he was the only one and had it working real well. I just never did like how high the nose was on them! Neil

JR131
    yea i think you are right
    the only way to make these hulls well is to do the bottom
    jr

502 JET
    yes it is Ron
    the reason you can run so much nose lift is because it has so much
    positive down force on the deck but we also changed the keel quite a bit from the standard bottom to get it out of the water like that
    jr
    Do you have any pics of the modified bottom?
    I've seen terms used like dropped keel and spoon. Is this somthing that was done to your boats?

JR131
    no picts sorry
    but like i said just give hb a call and he will help you out
    jr

502 JET
    no picts sorry
    but like i said just give hb a call and he will help you out
    jr
    Thankyou.....I called and left a message for him

Liberator TJ1984
    All I know is Greg / Underdog630 here on the boards had one , it also ran very flat and wet . and from what others are telling you about being careful ... I'd listen to them , His would swap the tail in a heartbeat ! he sold it to another guy and he proceeded to throw his family out and damn near sink with alot less motor than what Greg was running and he was not going very fast either.

JR131
    thats true when you try to push the boat over on the nose to run them high and flat this is why you need to change the keel angle that boat wasn't built to be jet friendly without the changes
    jr

565edge
    I had a advantage banshee(same boat). I had papp do a bunch of work to it. It was a very very wet ride.Alot of people just put a very deep shoe in them..Ive seen some that where over a 1" thick.Mine had a built 500" chevy and never ran worth a crap. Harold is the only one to make these boats work. I talked with him several times about mine at the races and was going to have him do the bottom but bought a 19' stealth instead..I do love the looks of those boats...Good luck...

502 JET
    I didn't get the boat out today. I got busy and ran out of daylight. So I'm shooting for tomorrow morning.
    I'd like to say thanks again JR. and thankyou to the others for suggestions.
    I spoke with Harold Bruce from R&D Marine (http://r-dmarine.com/default.htm). It was very nice of him to take the time and call me back and share his secrets and talents with me. He said to go ahead and play around with setup changes but to get the most gain I will have to modify the bottom. He explained in detail how and what to do to the bottom to get the boat up on top of the water. He even offered to help out along the way when I do the bottom.
    When the seasons is over I 'm going to do the bottom as suggested, for now I'll tinker around with the hardware and enjoy the rest of the summer.
    All I know is Greg / Underdog630 here on the boards had one , it also ran very flat and wet . and from what others are telling you about being careful ... I'd listen to them , His would swap the tail in a heartbeat ! he sold it to another guy and he proceeded to throw his family out and damn near sink with a lot less motor than what Greg was running and he was not going very fast either.
    Could you explain swap the tail. Spin out?
    My boat so far rides smooth and uneventful. It's also very stable on shutdown. It's never done anything unpredictable.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast