Thread: OUI on mohave / katherines landing??

EmpirE231
    are they the same as getting a OUI/ DUI on the road? or in havasu? etc? anywhere to research this?
    my buddy got popped by the rangers at the dirt ramp trying to retrieve they boat. they only held him for about an hour, and told hime there will just be a $500 fine, and some other fees for classes? Is it different because they are park rangers? or??? just wondering what's going to happen, and if it's going to affect his California license? :idea:
    BTW he was the least sober out of the group, and was well experienced with backing down a trailer... he blew a 0.11 (.03 points more than .08) and 2 hours later blew the same thing... which seems fishy, since he's about 6'5 255lbs. he passed the tests no problem...just not the breathalizer (sp?)...

DILLIGAF
    are they the same as getting a OUI/ DUI on the road? or in havasu? etc? anywhere to research this?
    my buddy got popped by the rangers at the dirt ramp trying to retrieve they boat. they only held him for about an hour, and told hime there will just be a $500 fine, and some other fees for classes? Is it different because they are park rangers? or??? just wondering what's going to happen, and if it's going to affect his California license? :idea:
    BTW he was the least sober out of the group, and was well experienced with backing down a trailer... he blew a 0.11 (.03 points more than .08) and 2 hours later blew the same thing... which seems fishy, since he's about 6'5 255lbs. he passed the tests no problem...just not the breathalizer (sp?)...
    I am not sure but a .15 or higher gets you an Extreme DUI and if I remember correctly it carries a mandatory 45 day jail sentance....
    Over the last two years there has been a big turnover of Rangers out at Katherines and they are imposing a 0 tolerence kind of thing. As they are more experienced I believe they will back off a bit, however they want to let people know they are not messing around. I am definitly a lot more cautious when it comes to the lake there. I just come/go quietly and try not to bring any attention to me. They want to do their job and I just want to boat.

LuckyStrike
    I am not sure but a .15 or higher gets you an Extreme DUI and if I remember correctly it carries a mandatory 45 day jail sentance....
    Over the last two years there has been a big turnover of Rangers out at Katherines and they are imposing a 0 tolerence kind of thing. As they are more experienced I believe they will back off a bit, however they want to let people know they are not messing around. I am definitly a lot more cautious when it comes to the lake there. I just come/go quietly and try not to bring any attention to me. They want to do their job and I just want to boat.
    Tom Sent you a PM

Boatcop
    Was he driving the boat or the truck? From the way you put it, it sounds like he was in the truck. DUI!
    Either way, he'll have to go through the Federal Court System. The NPS Rangers are Federal Officers. They WILL report it to State Driver's License Bureau (DMV) and he will have points or license suspension applied.
    He probably blew the first time on a portable device, which can be off by several points and not admissible in court. The second one would have been on a certified instrument, which is the one that counts.

Boatcop
    That's under AZ law. The Rangers would be citing under Federal Law / Park Regulations. No Extreme DUI under those.

DILLIGAF
    Tom Sent you a PM
    Replied back

DILLIGAF
    That's under AZ law. The Rangers would be citing under Federal Law / Park Regulations. No Extreme DUI under those.
    Thanks for clearing that up Alan

EmpirE231
    Was he driving the boat or the truck? From the way you put it, it sounds like he was in the truck. DUI!
    Either way, he'll have to go through the Federal Court System. The NPS Rangers are Federal Officers. They WILL report it to State Driver's License Bureau (DMV) and he will have points or license suspension applied.
    He probably blew the first time on a portable device, which can be off by several points and not admissible in court. The second one would have been on a certified instrument, which is the one that counts.
    yes he was driving the truck. for some reason the violation said OUI? and something about unable to safely operate....?