Had to have some work done to the computers at the office yesterday so I call out the company the handles our system. When the guy who normally comes arrives I barely notice him because he has lost about 60 pounds. After congratulating him on his new look, I ask him whats his secret? He tells me he is going through a divorce.
He then starts to give me some details about the divorce. First one being that they were only married for seven months. He caught her cheating on him and told her to hit the highway. When she left the car she took was financed in his name. He let her take it because he says he had no use for two cars and she promised to make the payment. That was his first mistake, letting someone you are about to go through a bitter divorce with take a car she has no legal financial responsibility for was not the smartest move. Well needless to say once she is gone with her new boyfriend she doesn't make one payment. So know she is driving around the car that is in his name mind you with no insurance (which she also promised to do). So after three months of no payments from her, he decides to have the car picked up by a tow truck driver. Which really pisses her and her new boyfriend off because now they have no transportation.
So here is where it gets interesting. She files an emergency hearing called and ex-party motion, to inform the court that the car she has not made payments on for three months was taken from her. So they go to court for an emergency hearing, which he thought was interesting because he didn't think that situation would qualify as an emergency. So anyway, after going in front of the judge and explaining the situation the judge tells him to return the car to her. He then ask the judge what about the payments and is told "give her more time". As if three months isn't enough. So he then asked about the insurance which she states she can't get because she is not the registered owner. And the judge tells him to "put her on his" that this is the easiest way. So know not only is he goint to be paying the car payment he also will be paying for her insurance.
And his lawyer has told him that the judge is probably going to award her spousal support also. After seven months? I though that you had to be married at least a year before you got bent over. Talk about getting screwed. This guy is really up shit creek with no paddle. And he says that the car has four years worth of payments left. And if he wants to keep his credit good he is going to make the payments if she doesn't.
There was alot more that they have had happen but I thought this was the strangest..