Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bush sets global climate meeting

Schiada76
    What kind of SUV caused the Medieval warming period, making Greenland arable so the Vikings could establish farming settlements there?
    Please everyone here educate me. I'll wait.

Old Texan
    ES,
    I didn't forget that:
    And many believe that money spent of the issue of reducucing emmisions, Co2, oor whatever, is a good investment in this Country's future.
    Tell me this, when have you seen anyone from the media do an accurate expose on power plants? How many in the general public can tell you what an SCR system is or a Scrubber?
    How many people actually know how coal is processed before being burned for fuel?
    Point being there is a tremendous amount of technology being applied "daily" that is not being told to the masses. Ultra although I know how you hate me bringing up past conversations, we had a fossil fuel thread going right about the time you started posting regularly here, and you made the comment to me that it was no wonder Houston's air quality was ranked so bad due to coal fired PP's that were being proposed at the time and since have been cut back on drastically for future construction. I didn't reply then as I didn't see the need to argue the point, but the point is, CFPP's aren't Houston's problem. It's mainly traffic emissions and topography coupled with weather patterns. Not getting on you or arguing the point, just stating that if you don't understand the conditions, how can you understand the cause and / or possible solutions? This really seems to pertain to a lot of the people airing their opinions on global warming and other environmental issues.
    Clowns like Al Gore aren't trying to help the environment 1 iota, they are trying to make a buck or gain a position of stature off the situation.
    Global warming isn't a proven fact either way. Hopefully the symposium will provide some positive results, but the positive won't be a rush to regulation, it will be a process of proper education and gathering of real facts. Sadly if politicians are running the show we may never get to the root core of understanding the issues.

SmokinLowriderSS
    And which brand SUV is currently the popular one causing MARS to warm up?
    I want one.
    It IS a huge waste of effort.:idea:

Old Texan
    And which brand SUV is currently the popular one causing MARS to warm up?
    I want one.
    It IS a huge waste of effort.:idea:
    Ask Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, D-Tx.
    Have you ever heard the story about her group visiting the Smithsonian or some museum. When they were walking past the Lunar Rover, Sheila made the comment something to the effect of, "Oh is that the vehicle they rode on Mars?"
    Real well informed politician charged with making crucial decisions for our country, eh.....

SmokinLowriderSS
    What kind of SUV caused the Medieval warming period, making Greenland arable so the Vikings could establish farming settlements there?
    Please everyone here educate me. I'll wait.
    I think the brand was a "Fjord", perhaps the orriginal "Expedition", whatever is Norse for "expedition".
    The "Fjord and-blásinn"
    That is "investigation" ultra, found a correct word, in the correct language (Old Norse) to have been spoken by a Viking, on Iceland, during the Mideval Warming Period the Global Warming alarmists deny ever occured, and applied it to a likely vehicle (the Ford Exploder).
    "and-blásinn" is Old Norse for "blown up".
    Not "asking if anyone happens to know a link to whatever the correct language is, and can tell me the correct word", so I can make a funny.

fatboy95
    I think the brand was a "Fjord", perhaps the orriginal "Expedition", whatever is Norse for "expedition".
    I think all the martian pimps drove Escalades and that is why they are now extinct....:idea:

ULTRA26 # 1
    Ask Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, D-Tx.
    Have you ever heard the story about her group visiting the Smithsonian or some museum. When they were walking past the Lunar Rover, Sheila made the comment something to the effect of, "Oh is that the vehicle they rode on Mars?"
    Real well informed politician charged with making crucial decisions for our country, eh.....
    What a dork
    fatboy95, beautiful boat.

SmokinLowriderSS
    I hadn't heard of that one Tex, but, as usual, it does not surprise me.
    If I had my way, that comment would be grounds for immediate expulsion, as too ignorant and uninformed to lead the country. The LUNAR rover for christ sake.
    Just like Pelosi's comment that Al-Q is not in Iraq, only days after they announced, publicly, on the news wires, that they were opperating there, and had been for some time.
    Unfortunately, I seldom have my way, except at resteraunts.

bigq
    All of those who disagree or see this as a waste of time are entitled to your opinion. This another case of the world is wrong based on "it might hurt my pocket book"
    As most of you know I believe that there is sufficient science to support that man could likely be affecting the pace of global climate change. I am not alone here, just a those who call it a joke are not alone. If those who suggest that climate change is being accelerated by man are correct, then acting now is prudent. If those who suggest that it isn't possible for man to affect the climate are wrong, and we act based on this perception and do nothing, we have failed. If those who suggest that it isn't possible for man to affect the climate are right and we have moved to reduce Co2 etc, no harm no foul. I don't see this position as being unreasonable.
    Although I am not a big believer in the man made warming issues I think an entirely new industry will be created from it. I think it will also push us off of crude based products, which is good.
    There is evidence also suggesting we have a coming ice age that is way more destructive then a warming. I also worry that we will take action that will hurt our environment more then help it, who really knows, we cannot even predict the weather a year in advance correctly.
    So Ultra out of curiosity if you believe we are the cause of global warming do you feel any internal conflict when driving the Lightning or that big ass deck boat? :idea:

SmokinLowriderSS
    No conflict bigq, he has an "Ultra-Efficient Fuel Injection System " on that 496CID engine.
    He won't speak of the truck, several people have asked the same question, and been ignored.
    Probably already ordered the catalytic manifolds for the boat too, eh ultra?
    The Great Global Warming Swindle thread (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showth...global+warming)
    Ah, here he finally answered:
    I drive a Civic not an SVT Cobra, like a did a years ago That big ol boat gets better fuel economy than those little jets. Stock Merc Ultra low emission power No longer driving a boat with a blown 502 The truck lives in a different state, with the boat. it only tows the boat. Much of my household lighting is LED. My appliances and systems are all energy efficient. All duel payne windows. I'm using less than half of the energy and fuel I did 2 years ago.
    Don't have the time to debate details with you on the internet.
    A quaint one from Ultra's past. :idea:

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast