Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: uh .. Hello .. Is this the Hot Boat Parental Advice line??

HokeySon
    Alright folks, need some advice from the hot boat parental experts.....
    My eight year old is a bald faced liar. He lies for no reason. In fact it seems lilke he would rather lie than tell the truth, even when the truth is better for him. And, he is really bad at it.
    ANy advice on how to get him to stop this? thanks, as always.

Beer-30
    I don't have children, but I can tell you what my father did when I was caught in a lie.
    I'll spare the details, but it had something to do with a belt.

IMPATIENT 1
    Alright folks, need some advice from the hot boat parental experts.....
    My eight year old is a bald faced liar. He lies for no reason. In fact it seems lilke he would rather lie than tell the truth, even when the truth is better for him. And, he is really bad at it.
    ANy advice on how to get him to stop this? thanks, as always.
    make him take a big bite outta some ivory soap, chew it up and let him spit it out my kids are more scared to lie to me than just facing the punishment i had to do it when i was a kid for swearing or lyin, so my kids get it too.its not gonna hurt them but when they go to wash their mouth out with water, it gets worse. i also ground them from goin anywhere, tv, or video games(this really hurts em!).arse whoopings are to quik and they forget as soon as the pain is gone.i gave up that yrs. ago.

yopengo
    Give him the HONOR speech. A liar and a thief has no honor etc…..a person is only as good as his word. ….his blood is your blood and your father blood and the he will dishonor his ancestors name by having no HONOR. Worked for my kids. Good luck.

fatboy95
    Park him out in the front yard with a sign around his little neck....
    I'm a pathological liar,,Just ask me.
    About 3 hours of that he may see the light.

Mr. C
    Give him the HONOR speech. A liar and a thief has no honor etc…..a person is only as good as his word. ….his blood is your blood and your father blood and the he will dishonor his ancestors name by having no HONOR. Worked for my kids. Good luck.
    Then the belt
    just to make sure he remembers the conversation
    and don't forget to tell him "This is gonna hurt me more than you" LOL

Mr. Crusader 83
    Do like Beer:30's dad and my dad did. Belt!:jawdrop:

Big Inch
    Park him out in the front yard with a sign around his little neck....
    I'm a pathological liar,,Just ask me.
    About 3 hours of that he may see the light.
    Make him stand one one leg the whole time and every time he tries to rest and stand with both spray him down with the hose.

yopengo
    If he continues to lie that take away his freedoms…first the X-Box….TV etc….then play time….then what ever it takes to stop the behavior. The # one thing is do not back down on what you say….If you take it away…its gone. If you give it back then he will walk all over you. A kid will walk all over you as soon as you cave in. If none of this works….get the wooden spoon out and smack that AZZ.

IMPATIENT 1
    Make him stand one one leg the whole time and every time he tries to rest and stand with both spray him down with the hose.
    lol, he'd like that
    i've also got a 24inch paddle with "attitude adjuster" engraved into it, all i gotta do is pick it up and truth starts spillin out i don't think i've had to actually use it in a yr or so.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast