Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: S.O.S. helping the homeless

eliminated1
    Trying to help a homeless man in mesa. I ran across this homeless guy the other day who i think is just down on his luck. He dosent drink or do drugs but he does seem a little mentaly challanged . He sells stuff that people give him like car parts and old boats ,lawnmowers and what ever else he can dig up. I took him some cloths and and other items like toothbrush ,soap,underwear,and deoderant . The guy was absolutly histatic that someone gave hime that kind of stuff. He has permission from a guy to put a trailer on an empty lot if he can find one so he can try to make some kind of life for himself. So here is my s.o.s. cry for a donation. im looking for an old travel trailer 20 ft or bigger that needs some work . Almost anything will do. If anyone has something like this that they just want hauled off there
    property please PM me .

finsfan4life
    Trying to help a homeless man in mesa. I ran across this homeless guy the other day who i think is just down on his luck. He dosent drink or do drugs but he does seem a little mentaly challanged . He sells stuff that people give him like car parts and old boats ,lawnmowers and what ever else he can dig up. I took him some cloths and and other items like toothbrush ,soap,underwear,and deoderant . The guy was absolutly histatic that someone gave hime that kind of stuff. He has permission from a guy to put a trailer on an empty lot if he can find one so he can try to make some kind of life for himself. So here is my s.o.s. cry for a donation. im looking for an old travel trailer 20 ft or bigger that needs some work . Almost anything will do. If anyone has something like this that they just want hauled off there
    property please PM me .
    Sorry to be so negative, but half that stuff he has is probably stolen property..be careful...

Sorry to be so negative, but half that stuff he has is probably stolen property..be careful...
    There are many cases where people are just down on their luck and are not thieves, drug addicts, etc etc etc. Just think how difficult it is to own a home today for someone of low income. Add a possible loss of job, layoff, or divorce to the mix and presto, you have a former homeowner or renter who has now overnight become a homeless person. Doesn't necessarily mean they are a bad person. And yes I do speak from experience. I had just such a person living in a trailer on my property for several months until that person could get back on their feet and afford to rent a house again. Once in the homeless abyss, it can be very hard to climb out... especially if you're not a thief, etc. my 02.
    there's got to be someone with some old trailer they'd love to get out of their yard.

NashvilleBound
    I wish there was a group that could weed out some of the different homeless people. Seperating the people who are down on their luck but trying, drug addicts....etc. Not to segregate, but I would be totally willing to help families/people that are just going through a rough time. Not that drug addicts dont need help.... Im just tryting to focus on one group. Try to get them back into society and have a life on thier own again. I just cant seem to find anything.... every time I do something it seems its for the wrong person. Its very discouraging.

Dont be so quick to judge a person your right in some cases
    this is true. but like Mike said some people just need a little help to
    get them back on there feet.

Wet Dream
    That is a super gesture that you are willing to take on. Some people can see the good in others who might have come on hard times. I hope things works out well and you don't get screwed in the end. Its a disappointing feeling when you try to help and its thrown back in your face.

eliminated1
    First off i know the guy is not a theif. The police are in constant contact with this guy because he is living in the outdoor dinning area of an abandonded resturant. I accually bought a truck cab from him for a truck project im building . He had a title and it was all legit. This guy will problably never make a million bucks because he have a slight disability but all he wants to do is survive on his own and not live under a tarp . A travel trailer to this guy would be like a 3500 sqft home to the rest of us. The way i see it is if the guy wants to make it on his own why not try to help him get there. He didnt ask me or anyone else to give him a trailer he wants to buy one for cheap. He dosnt have very much money ( im talking like 50.00 to his name). But he would sell stuff to get it . Thats why im looking for a donation. The place he can put the trailer has electric and water hook up so he would be set . Thanks for reading and for the positive response .

Baja Big Dog
    I ride with a group of "drinkers with Harley problems", We are not a bunch of do gooders, actually a very interesting group, felons, drunks, etc. But we do care, we sell tee shirts every year through out the year and every Christmas we give all the profits to the people of skid row....and toys for the kids, at teh Fred Jordan Mission...gotta tell you it is one of the most emotional days of my life, it is the finest example of people that are down and out, do they want to live there, some do, some dont, what ever the reason they are in some pretty miserable conditions.
    To hear someone classify this guy as a thief (possible) is sad, at least some one on the forum is willing to give the guy a chance, if he gets burned, so be it, its worth a chance.
    I would like to end this with something like "what a dumb ass for making a statement like that", but I wont, IM sure its a sad attempt to up your post count!!! Next time put a couple of smiley faces on the posts!!!!

2manymustangs
    First off i know the guy is not a theif. The police are in constant contact with this guy because he is living in the outdoor dinning area of an abandonded resturant. I accually bought a truck cab from him for a truck project im building . He had a title and it was all legit. This guy will problably never make a million bucks because he have a slight disability but all he wants to do is survive on his own and not live under a tarp . A travel trailer to this guy would be like a 3500 sqft home to the rest of us. The way i see it is if the guy wants to make it on his own why not try to help him get there. He didnt ask me or anyone else to give him a trailer he wants to buy one for cheap. He dosnt have very much money ( im talking like 50.00 to his name). But he would sell stuff to get it . Thats why im looking for a donation. The place he can put the trailer has electric and water hook up so he would be set . Thanks for reading and for the positive response .
    Your a good soul, keep up the good work. Your rewards await you on the other side.
    Peace...

eliminated1
    bump

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast