Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: American Made

Kachina26
    I thought that federal law did that????
    Me too But he's paying union dues and all he gets is the ability to refuse to be sent home early.

HammerDown
    I feel bad for you too hammer............Sell the toyoyo to me for half of what you paid and it will make you feel much better........
    Glad i could be here to help......
    Actually, the car (06 Corolla-S) has been for sale... 2+ months now.
    Only one bite :notam:

H2OT TIMES
    I drive a GMC truck and 2 hyundais, my buicks couldn't stand up to my daily commute and they were killing me on fuel (fuel, something that other countries profit from). .[/QUOTE]
    Then again, my 92 Buick Roadmaster estate wagon pulls my Daycruiser, get 20.5mpg everyday driving and 24.5 mpg highway, and has 287,689 miles on it. Still runs great uses no oil between changes. I'm not buying the idea that Japanese cars are better than the American cars. I'm not saying the imports are bad cars. Most cars, these days are pretty good, take care of them and they take care of you.

Two K's
    WANTED 28' ISUZU TUNNEL WITH TWIN HYUNDAI ENGINES. MUST HAVE HONDA DRIVES :yuk: :rollside:

canuck1
    [QUOTE=desertbird][SIZE=2]Many years later the tides have changed. While I enjoy a discounted rate on my GMAC mortgage, my GMAC insurance, and I am buying a new truck with GMS pricing (truck made in Canada, by the way) I still can't help but think the unions have done this to themselves.
    Obviously the union ensured my family was better off than our neighbors in the same community, and it is disgraceful for me to think that pop made more than he should. I get help but get these opinions from the management position I'm in now, and realizing what we pay our factory workers.
    A few posts above, the $12.30 wage was mentioned in IL. That kinda wage doesn't even pay the rent in California, let alone fund a boat. Meanwhile, there were folks making $20.00/hour in 1985 on the assembly line in Van Nuys.
    ......and we think 48K for a pickup truck is outrageous?
    Canada and Mexico were the other two countries in North America last time I looked at a map. :rollside:
    I don't understand the poor quality stuff that is brought up about NA vehicles.
    Out of 120+ North American trucks that we have owned over the last 20 years the best cost per mile trucks were
    1) 79 chev 3/4 4x4 454
    2) 76 chev 1 ton cc dually 454 2 wd
    3) 91 Dodge 1 ton 4x4 diesel
    4) 01 Dodge 1 ton 4x4 diesel dually
    5) 85 chev 3/4 4x4
    the worst
    1) 03 Dmax 1 ton 4x4
    2) 01 ford 450 4x4 v 10
    3) 89 toyota 4 runner
    4) 04 Dmax 1 ton 4x4
    5) 02 jeep tj
    And yes $60 000(here) is waaay too much for a truck. But buy a toyota? I did once.......that was enough

maxwedge
    What twenty year period is it that spans from 1976 until 2004?

canuck1
    What twenty year period is it that spans from 1976 until 2004?
    My company

Kachina26
    Canada and Mexico were the other two countries in North America last time I looked at a map. :rollside:
    I don't understand the poor quality stuff that is brought up about NA vehicles.
    Don't flatter yourself, when we talk about American made, we really mean United states made. Not Canatard or Mehican made.

maxwedge
    Ok sorry I misunderstood that somehow as being from time purchased new. Looks like the old chevys were still kickin for a while. Don't they use salt on the roads up there? Those things dissolved to nothing in about six years here in IL. LOL

canuck1
    Don't flatter yourself, when we talk about American made, we really mean United states made. Not Canatard or Mehican made.
    So was I....United States of America. Notice the "of" part.
    You Ameritard :rollside:

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast