Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cross Flow Info

FCnLA
    Thanks, Drew.
    That's what I plan on the jets and timing. Setting it too. Got the old 235 packs. Also a light wheel thanks to Greg @ Mossboats. Now if the weather would cooperate. FC.

thumper
    Hi Guys -
    Better late than never! Can I join in? I have a Vector with a modified 2.6XP on it. Does that qualify?
    I'm also looking for the light flywheel if anyone knows where one is that the guy doesn't need to make his retirement on the sale.
    also an update on one of the prior questions, I ran the 10 amp system all last year and had no trouble keeping the battery good and I was also running a full time fuel pump. i think it won't keep up if you have a killer stereo though.
    thumper

drewvir
    thumper,
    in the back of last months h/b a guy is selling one for $250 i think.all the omc guys i know say you don't need it/waste of $$.i was going to buy it but they changed my mind.
    Drew

thumper
    I was told pretty much the same thing other than it might make a difference at over 7k as far as chopping the throttle and breaking the crank plus they look neat if it's the same one I saw about 2 yrs ago.
    Thanks for the opinion and info. What month HB did you see it in?
    thumper

FCnLA
    Hey Thumper,
    Someone else with a crossfly, COOL! I was told there was a harmonic vibration at about 6100 rpms which caused the crank to break above the upper bearing. Sounds scary! I put one on mine. I'll bet it weighed at least 3# lighter. It really should spool up faster. Noticable difference in just picking them up. CCC gold anodized. Also with the solid mounts I did notice a little more vibration, oh well, if your gonna play, ya gotta pay! FC

thumper
    Who's coming to firewater?
    Who's coming to pre - firewater?
    don't make me stomp all those mercs by myself and have all the fun!!
    If no one else shows up all those mercs are gonna take their bikini women and go home early out of embarassment.
    I've got limited room in the house and plenty of space in the backyard if hoteling it is too much. I sit about 1/2hr from pre and 2 hrs from firewater.
    thumper

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123