Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mini Cooper advice????

Sleek-Jet
    talk to Ziggy he owns continetal bmw in oceanside but there
    are only certain dealers that sell them so check with him
    brecht bmw would be the last place id ever buy one
    Ziggy abandoned us BMW guys...

selfmade
    They are fun to drive just MAKE sure you buy the one with the most horsepower cooper-s

hottrodder
    It's my understanding that the John Cooper Works kit on top of the S is the top HP model and I believe it's factory warranty. I looked long and hard at one of these in '03 before buying the RX-8. What I couldn't wrap my arms around with the mini was the weight. For a small car the thing sure weighs a lot. Killing the HP to wt ratio. The Mazda is a little lighter, a little more power, and a little more room for the offspring. Plus the wankel sounds great @ 9000 rpm. They sure seem to be a fun car though.

Ziggy
    Yes, I abondoned BMW as of yesterday officially. I know the Brechts personally though, and.......the people who bought my BMW store have a sister BMW store in Torrance that also carries Mini. I can give you a referal to whichever place you'd like, if it makes any difference to you.

Froggystyle
    If I was going to buy new, it would be a Cooper S (no convertible) with the Cooper motor works kit making 207hp factory warrantied. I just did the build of it on their website and it comes out to $40K
    What I would love to find is some jackass like me who dumped a ton of money into a bitchin little Mini and decided it is just too small for him.
    Zero chance in hell I would ever buy a Miata. I stopped mainlining estrogen years ago...

Cole Trickle
    If I was going to buy new, it would be a Cooper S (no convertible) with the Cooper motor works kit making 207hp factory warrantied. I just did the build of it on their website and it comes out to $40K
    What I would love to find is some jackass like me who dumped a ton of money into a bitchin little Mini and decided it is just too small for him.
    Zero chance in hell I would ever buy a Miata. I stopped taking estrogen years ago...
    Get her a mans car
    She would look good in a new vette and you wouldn't be followed by the rainbow sticker crowd when you buzz around in it
    Honestly they are cool little nimble cars that are way overpriced. The handling is go cart-ish and 207hp is still painfully slow. We raced a S model with exhaust against a stock miata (mazda speed version) and the miata walked it hard. Why not look at the Mazda 3 (mazda speed edition) 260hp car with a cool interior.:idea:
    http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/disp...ehicleCode=MS3
    Not as fast as the Dodge SRT-4 (gone) but itruns pretty hard and offer alot of bang for the buck

SOCALDETAIL1
    Hit up Longtime Lurker he got one for the wife.

Froggystyle
    Get her a mans car
    She would look good in a new vette and you wouldn't be followed by the rainbow sticker crowd when you buzz around in it
    Honestly they are cool little nimble cars that are way overpriced. The handling is go cart-ish and 207hp is still painfully slow. We raced a S model with exhaust against a stock miata (mazda speed version) and the miata walked it hard. Why not look at the Mazda 3 (mazda speed edition) 260hp car with a cool interior.:idea:
    http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/disp...ehicleCode=MS3
    Not as fast as the Dodge SRT-4 (gone) but itruns pretty hard and offer alot of bang for the buck
    She had the Vette and was sick of it quickly. I am way past trying to get her to pick what I want. When this is all said and done, she is going to get the car she wants, and I get a 650 convertible.
    It won't be raced, and this thing is twice as much fun, more room, and 500% more character than any Mazda.
    The one that I drove yesterday had 190hp, and could be described as many things, none of them being "painfully slow". It would have nutted in the BMW she currently drives face in fact.

Ryphraph
    I'd rather get the SRT8 Jeep for 40K.
    The guy I work with had an '02. It was agreat little ride but it was down on power. Even the Works seems a bit under powered too compared to other sporty rides.
    Ryph

Froggystyle
    All the help is appreciated guys. But seriously, I am looking for tuning info, a hookup with a dealer and experience from people who bought one... not people who didn't.
    35 mpg seems a lot better than 12, which is about what the Jeep will get. She had a Corvette, she has a BMW... She now wants a Mini, and I want to get the best one I can get and spend the least amount of money. Plus, any insider tricks for how to hotrod or whatever would be nice too...
    She won't consider a WRX, though that would be my choice, and doesn't want another "boy" car.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast