Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mini Cooper advice????

Ziggy
    Wow! sold the store to Fritz?
    Yes, I did.

RiverToysJas
    Forget about gas mileage in a Cooper S. Don't buy if you are looking for an economy car cause it ain't.
    It's rated very well on mileage. At least the manual trans is. Something 475miles on 13.2 gallons. Well over 30.
    RTJas

MBlaster
    It's rated very well on mileage. At least the manual trans is. Something 475miles on 13.2 gallons. Well over 30.
    RTJas
    I had a brand new cooper s for a weekend.
    It sucked gas almost like a bbc.
    ...course I had my foor to the floor most of the time but I was suprised at the lousy mileage even with my bad behavior.
    If Wes is looking for mpg, get a regular mini.

Cole Trickle
    RTJas
    Stay out of boost
    My blown vette got 32+ MPG on the freeway at 75. It also got 8 MPG if you were killing tires from light to light.
    The EPA's MPG data is flawed. they typically don't take load and wind resistance into account. (treadmill with no wind)

PHX ATC
    I've actually been looking and kinda shopping for a Cooper S myself. I have a soccer family/friends that have a 05 Cooper (no S). They love it. They get great as mileage around 38 to 39 hand calculated and realize that it's not a slot car racer, but just a fun, zippy machine to get to and from wherever it is they're going. They've had nothing to complain about except the $150 oil changes at the only dealer in town (North SDL MINI) which is about 40 miles one way away. They do oil changes themselves!
    If momma wants it, I think it would be okay. My friends have had great luck with it and it's pretty much a stocker, "Jed Clampett" version.
    I'm looking just to buy one to commute my 72 miles a day to and from work while saving gas money and having a bit o' fun turning corners in the hood on the way home.
    Hope that helps.
    Ziggy...now where am I going to drop off those beers next time I'm down there (October)?

Froggystyle
    The JCW kit is about $6200. I of course loaded the thing up with every other option, but still, it was going to be mid 30's when I am done with it either way.
    I am looking at the Digi-Tec kit right now, but you need to go to Amsterdam to do it, and it won't be warranted.
    Plus, it looks like I can buy a used, clean Cooper S and have the dealership do the JCW kit any time. Need a turbocharged one though...

XtrmWakeborder
    miata?.....lmao I don't think i've ever heard a man recommend a miata.

BIGRRNU
    A mini Cooper,maybe you need to move to hillcrest

Froggystyle
    Ummm... people... I am not talking about driving this car myself... It is for the wife. Turns out that gay jokes aren't really funny when you are talking about a chicks car.
    I haven't told you about the coolest thing yet though, or maybe you weren't paying attention... We are talking about getting a bigger toter that this thing will fit in. How trick would that be? Show up, launch the boat and pull your CAR out of the back of the motorhome?
    Might just make SEMA too... you never know.

Havasubum
    my unlces mini is putting 300hp to the wheels, let me tell its one fun car to drive. i'll try to get some pics

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast