Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Hot Boat Mag just got banned from my house!

thatguy
    Just got the new HB issue today.
    A little more risque photography started last month and wife and daughter were not pleased that this was coming in the mail to our house.
    Now don't get me wrong, I canceled Powerboat and Trailer Boats years ago because I thought they were no fun at all I also thought HB represented all types of hot boats not just the $300K+ versions.
    While its always been a bit comical to see a girl with high heels on the deck of a boat it none-the-less is great eye candy and has been a lot of fun.
    I'm at work now I haven't even seen the new issue but I did get a scathing report from the wife and daughter units over the phone.
    So yes I'll have to cancel my long running subscription.... (for a while anyway :idea: ):cry:
    Am I to understand that this was too risque for you, yet she permits your daughter to see it? And join in the petition to emasculate you further?
    My wife got pissed when I cancelled Stuff. She liked the articles!!
    Tommy

Troy McClure
    I was going to post in this other thread and link to this one but is was locked for some reason.
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160083
    You guys REALLY need to grow a pair. OR, like someone else mentioned, listen to some Lykis. Even though that guy gets boring after a while, he's got some good suggestions for ya.

You guys are sure entertaining. Great pig BTW !!!
    I could easily make a stand but why?
    Why are my desires any more important than theirs?
    It's just not something I need to quibble over... on the important stuff?, thats a different matter.
    Hot Boat Mag made a change to sell more mags and that's fine. It just wasn't received well on the home front.... which to me is more important.
    The LA Times had some over-the-top left wing articles and I canceled it right there. Not too popular for my son's affection for the LAT Sports section... but I did it anyway.
    So it appears that the only ones concerned are in my family and Hot Boat is batting 1000. Well good for them. Well done! They know their market.
    OK fire away !!!

OSidePat
    What a Homo

Mandelon
    Even Dr. Laura would be ashamed.
    Happier Wife = Happier Life...........ask her to at least make it up to you. :devil:

thatguy
    It's just not something I need to quibble over... on the important stuff?, thats a different matter.
    Hot Boat Mag made a change to sell more mags and that's fine. It just wasn't received well on the home front.... which to me is more important.
    The LA Times had some over-the-top left wing articles and I canceled it right there. Not too popular for my son's affection for the LAT Sports section... but I did it anyway.
    So it appears that the only ones concerned are in my family and Hot Boat is batting 1000. Well good for them. Well done! They know their market.
    OK fire away !!!
    "Wheyy deed you stop thee Jaazz musik, waaz eet nut pleezaunt to you?"

MRS FLYIN VEE
    OK fire away !!!
    can I ask you what kind of mags your wife gets if any..

Tom Brown
    It would seem there's no point to this discussion but some of us can see a clear difference between the following two scenarios.
    1) I don't like this so I'm not going to read it
    2) I don't like this so I'm not going to let you read it
    It's about personal choice and the freedom to be ourselves. If you don't like ***boat Magazine, that's fine. The question is, how will you be able to respect yourself when you know someone else is controlling you like the less significant person you have allowed yourself to become?
    I don't intend any disrespect with this, funkcity. It's just a different point of view.

Troy McClure
    The LA Times had some over-the-top left wing articles and I canceled it right there. Not too popular for my son's affection for the LAT Sports section... but I did it anyway
    Just wondering, Why?

RiverToysJas
    Just wondering, Why?
    He said why......they had left-wing over the top articles.....same reason I won't read that paper.
    RTJas

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast