Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lake Powell newbie advice?

hkunz
    Once you figure out your gas situation yah got to get out and beyond Rainbow bridge and farther. Right there next to Paige is kinda bland and normal lake looking.
    Are you bringing the Tahiti as well?
    Not taking the Tahiti, we've had way too much fun with it in big water on Havasu. Plus, I can only drive one boat at a time

20" gun's
    I did the half and half thing with my last boat. It had 850hp ran just fine. Filled it up with just straight 87. Broke a roller rocker due to spark knock. Did half and half several times with no problem though. Don't use the marine grade octane booster. It does not have ethanol. Bring your own. I have never had it gum up plugs if you buy the right stuff. And I dont see how it would. It increases octane which burns hotter and cleaner. But buy the right stuff.

hkunz
    I'm wondering if the octane and elevation relationship (not sure I know how to state this) is as relevant with the supercharger. Our Mini Cooper takes premium because it has a blower, and it doesn't seem to care what the altitude is, although, admittedly, the Grapevine and Tehachapi (~4,000 ft) are about as elevated as we get. I remeber reading somewhere that the P-51 Mustangs were fitted with superchargers so they could get more altitude than the Messershmitts (sp?). They also had nitrous oxide and water injection systems in various models.
    Has anyone run a supercharged boat motor at Powell on the lower octane fuel?

CMac
    If you have been in the infected waters.. It is easy enough to go through their wash.. It is between 2 and 5 bucks.. Better safe than sorry.. We don't need no stinking "mussels" in our beautiful lake!!!

Yep, I agree, didn't mean to imply the form would help you sneak through the gates.
    If the form is answered honostly, you get through without a wash.
    No mussels in Powell!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123