Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great Global Warming Swindle

eliminatedsprinter
    I will give you a quick synopsis of this film. Global warming causes green house gases to be produced and not the other way around. The majority of the green house gases come from the ocean as the earth warms. The earth warming trends FOLLOW solar activity. The global warming crowd will soon be running out of steam because it will become crystal clear their whole POLITICAL movement is based on lies...just like all the other "sky is falling" schemes they have been working on for decades....you know....global COOLING, running out of oil, acid rain, polution, over population and etc.
    The film is very good and many of the scientist who's names are listed in "Inconvenient Truth" are not only supporting that CO2 does not cause global warming...they are suing to have their name removed from anything supporting global warming as they NEVER supported that theory.
    This movement will not run out of steam if thier man made global warming hoax is debunked, because their movement is based on their desire for global economic redistribution of wealth, not the evironment.

Old Texan
    The difference between you and I is that I will listen to both sides of an issue, which, in the case is the climate change issue. You just know that An Inconvenient Truth has to valid information just because.
    Hard to have an intelligent debate about this issue when you didn't listen to what both positions are prior to making your decision. I can't respect a view which is uninformed.
    You guys just keep praising yourselves.
    I don't claim to know all there is about this issue. I happen to accept that the amount of sh*t that we pump into the air could have a negative effect on many things, the climate being one of them. There is still a great deal to learn before it is a define ate yes or no.
    I listen to both sides. I just don't listen to Al Gore or Mikey Moore neither of which have credibility.
    Part of intelligent debate is separating the truth from the fiction. Both of the above clowns strive off fiction.
    Here's an example of how I think. John Kerry during his campaign would come out and tell one of his big whoppers knowing fully well that is was BS. The whopper would hit the front page and everyone would ooh and aah about the statement. Next step after digesting the lie, it would be questioned. At this juncture JK would retract his statement and the retraction would be placed on the inside back page of section D. The intelligiencia would realize it to be what it was, BS but a great deal of folks would never see the retraction and file it away as fact. Thus JK always got a large percentage to fall for his tripe.
    This is pretty much the way Moore and Gore work. I choose to not listen to their crap, therefore I don't have to sift through it to find the needle of truth in their BS haystack.
    If you would read as well as you claim, you would stop dwelling on the same points of contention. You make no mention of my points about there being people advancing real technologies, but dwell on the point no one gives the Gore view any review. Gore is not a relevant source and has been culled from the debate.
    Furthermore I don't believe you will ever get a firm answser either way on GW as there is much more involved than present day science can discern. That in and of itself is what the "real" scientists are trying to convey. Gore and his supporters on the other hand state in no uncertain turns that manmade means are causing the phenomenom "Global Warming" and it is 100% fact.
    I don't buy the 100% and the vast majority of "real" scientists don't either. Therefore why isn't the media and others focusing on the facts? Facts that we are doing a lot of research and work to develop new and better technology to improve environmental conditions and to eliminate present day problems. This is the positive that isn't spectacular enough to turn on the media and doesn't do Gore any good because nobody needs his egotistical self serving asse mucking up the works for his personal gains.
    Why will you not focus on what is really being done rather than what Al Gore "Claims"? That's my question.

Schiada76
    Then it will be back to the global cooling hysteria that these same imbeciles were whining about in the 70's, then the population bomb, then silent spring, then nuclearwastecoalfiredrefinedoilwoodburning POLLUTION!
    OHMYGOD! OHMYGOD! OHMYGOD! MY HAIRS ON FIRE EEEEEKKKKKKKKK!!!!
    Algore please help me!!!!:sqeyes:

eliminatedsprinter
    The difference between you and I is that I will listen to both sides of an issue, which, in the case is the climate change issue. You just know that An Inconvenient Truth has to valid information just because.
    Hard to have an intelligent debate about this issue when you didn't listen to what both positions are prior to making your decision. I can't respect a view which is uninformed.
    You guys just keep praising yourselves.
    I don't claim to know all there is about this issue. I happen to accept that the amount of sh*t that we pump into the air could have a negative effect on many things, the climate being one of them. There is still a great deal to learn before it is a define ate yes or no.
    I've read plenty on the subject and I have actually taken climatology in college (back in 19#$ ). In addition, my father is a Biology/geology/physics teacher who is currently working for an astro-physics research project at Caltech. I talk to him on this subject often and, suffice it to say, that he and the scientists he works with arn't all jumping on the Al Gore bandwagon, driving Priuses, or buying waterwings, so they can visit Manhattan.

Old Texan
    I've read plenty on the subject and I have actually taken climatology in college (back in 19#$ ). In addition, my father is a Biology/geology/physics teacher who is currently working for an astro-physics research project at Caltech. I talk to him on this subject often and, suffice it to say, that he and the scientists he works with arn't all jumping on the Al Gore bandwagon, driving Priuses, or buying waterwings, so they can visit Manhattan.
    But did your Dad watch the movie? :devil:

eliminatedsprinter
    But did your Dad watch the movie? :devil:
    Nope. He does not get his scientific info from sleazy movies, by shifty politicians.:idea:
    He and I have read "Earth in the Balance", because I have a friend who got a copy for ten cents at a yard sale.

Old Texan
    Nope. He does not get his scientific info from sleazy movies, by shifty politicians.:idea:
    I have only read "Earth in the Balance", because I have a friend who got a copy for ten cents at a yard sale.
    Apparently doesn't subscribe to the Intelligent Debate theory either I take it. :devil:

SmokinLowriderSS
    we are facing the "BullShit Age".:devil:
    Close.
    The Flush Toilet is destroying our supply of fresh water, and should be banned. This one started AT LEAST 5 years ago, Earth Summit 2002.
    It must be replaced by the "dry composting toilet".
    A female panelist from India complained at the Earth Summit that the flush toilet encourages excessive water consumption around the world and is not ecologically friendly.
    This dry toilet is a contained unit that requires no plumbing. It collects urine and feces and must be emptied by humans on a regular basis (which can conveniently be used as compost, for those of you who live in homes that actually have a need and a space for such a thing).
    Intl. Dry Toilet Conference (http://www.drytoilet.org/)
    Composting Toilet .Org. (http://www.compostingtoilet.org/)
    MSNBC environment page (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20038392/)
    Also, electricity is evil.
    Gar Smith, the editor of the Earth Island Institute's online journal "The Edge," lamented the introduction of electricity. (See story)
    "I don't think a lot of electricity is a good thing. It is the fuel that powers a lot of multi-national imagery," Smith told CNSNews.com.
    According to Smith, electricity can wreak havoc on cultures. "I have seen villages in Africa that had vibrant culture and great communities that were disrupted and destroyed by the introduction of electricity," he said.
    Interesting quote from a FORMER GREENPEACE FOUNDER:
    Patrick Moore said: "The environmentalists try to inject guilt into people for consuming, as if consuming by itself causes destruction to the environment. There is no truth to that. You have the wealthiest countries on earth with the best-looked-after environment."

SmokinLowriderSS
    Then it will be back to the global cooling hysteria that these same imbeciles were whining about in the 70's, then the population bomb, then silent spring,
    And Silent Spring turned out to be a huge DDT FRAUD. You never saw that tho I'll wager.

Schiada76
    And Silent Spring turned out to be a huge DDT FRAUD. You never saw that tho I'll wager.
    What's the big deal about a liberal DDT fraud?
    Maybe we should ask the estimated 94 MILLION dead poor people from malaria since they banned DDT. How does the liberal mind juggle a fact like that?
    Oh I've got it!!!!
    The same way they condone 100 million murdered by communisim!

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast