Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Here We Go Again! - Find me this boat!

how many Fountain Boats with those graphics been manufactured??? Leo's should have that information by now after contacting the Boat Manufacturer... and should be knocking on some Fountain Boat owners doors by now......
    Lots if not most Fountains have Fountain on the side. Reggie isn't that shy. I doubt mfg will be of much assistance on this one, especially since the boat may not be owned by original owner and was probably purchased through the Fountain dealer network, not factory direct. Just compounds the complexity. Boat registrations could be an avenue though, by boat model.
    Besides storage facilities, consider all the RV garages in Havasu the thing could be stashed in if the guy owns a home there (lots do). If it's in one it could be a long long time before it comes out. I find it difficult to believe it could have gotten towed out of the area without alerted LE somewhere spotting it on the road, Cal or AZ Highway Patrol etc. After all it's a couple hours to Pheonix, 4 to so cal, longer to other major destinations.

Magic34
    No way it would have sank that fast and debris not be anywhere for LE to find.
    It isn't in the lake.

RR712
    Even when this boat is located, the Investigators are going to need a witness to identify the driver and place that person behind the wheel of the boat at the time of the collision. Finding the boat is essential. Prosecuting the driver for his actions is key. Paying attention, making mental notes, and stepping forward as a witness are some of the best things the public can do the help Law Enforcement serve you better. I'll be on the river tomarrow, a little uneasy, but still having a blast and keeping both eyes open.
    Or maybe the driver will just confess......Right.

Pheelin Phroggy
    As far as we know he is in a safe place, hopefull they found someone in his family by now.
    The most anyone can do now is locate the driver. As popular as the lake is some one must know that boat.
    Oh yeah, and to the off duty Medic who pulled him out of the water and brought him to the marina you rock. I need to get your info so we can send some good will. Next time your out this way agan drop me a line. Just goes to show we are never off duty.
    This popped up today in our local paper: Looks like at least they where he was from, hopefully they got the kid back home to some family.
    Oak Hills man killed in hit-and-run boat crash
    TOPOCK MARINA — Barry Lamar Pendley, 47, of Oak Hills was killed Thursday when his small personal watercraft collided with a 25- to 30-foot boat on the Colorado River, coroner’s officials reported Friday.
    After the collision, the boat fled the scene.
    His 9-year-old son, who was a passenger, was rescued uninjured. Pendley had been thrown into the water and was found 30 minutes later in the river. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
    The San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department is investigating.

Mardonzi
    how many Fountain Boats with those graphics been manufactured??? Leo's should have that information by now after contacting the Boat Manufacturer... and should be knocking on some Fountain Boat owners doors by now......
    Well, before the collective hoard heads out with pitchforks and torches to round up all of us Fountain owners and string us up from a bridge, I just wanted to state that it wasn't me,, My boat is broken and I was nowhere near Havasu when this happened....
    With that being said, one question that someone might want to ask the witnesses is the type of windshield. Was it the smoked plexiglass venturi style or was it the clear, rounded style. If the witnesses were observant enough to pick out the graphics scheme and occupants, they probably would have noticed the windshield as well. That could substantially narrow down the search.

ULTRA26 # 1
    It's not that LE is dealing with a magic here. This is a fairly unique boat for the River and Havi. area.

Mardonzi
    It's not that LE is dealing with a magic here. This is a fairly unique boat for the River and Havi. area.
    It's not the LEO's I'm worried about.... Most investigators that I know are very meticulous.
    Now the boards on the other hand...
    Next thing you know, all fountain owners will be stereotyped, just like DCB owners....

Pheelin Phroggy
    It's not the LEO's I'm worried about.... Most investigators that I know are very meticulous.
    Next thing you know, all fountain owners will be stereotyped, just like DCB owners....
    only those with two or more working motors... blowing by the 100mph DCB owners.

Run_em_Hard
    Lets hope not...than you will be in trouble

ratso
    Here???:jawdrop: On ***boat???http://www.***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif They wouldn't do that lol...

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast