Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Here We Go Again! - Find me this boat!

moneypit
    Alan,
    Should anyone expect to see any damage to the hull of the Fountain? If so, what area of the boat?

pw_Tony
    Drive up and down from Kingman to Bullhead to Havau to Parker every week. I will keep a sharp eye out like I do everyday for other "secret boats"

2forcefull
    did the fountian hit the guy?
    or did the guy crash to avoid hitting the fountain

moneypit
    Im sure the law is way ahead of me on this, but gas stations may have credit card info to this boat or any of the resort parks that take hull registration numbers.

Cheaper To Keep Him
    What About Checking Slips At the Different marinas For That Type Of Boat ie: Campgrounds LBR And Such?

H20Advantage
    Heres the initial story in Havasu News tonight:
    http://www.havasunews.com/articles/2...ews/news03.txt
    Police search for boat after fatal collision
    Thursday, August 9, 2007 8:55 PM MST
    A man was killed Thursday after being struck by a boat near Topock Marina, the area's second water-related death this week.
    The man, whose identity was not released, was riding a personal watercraft, said Sgt. Tim Smith of the San Bernardino County Sheriff's office. The collision happened around 3:30 p.m.
    Authorities were still searching Thursday night for the boat involved in the crash.
    It was described as a 30-foot Fountain boat with red and black checkering on its side, Smith said. It was last seen headed south toward Lake Havasu.
    Sara Margiotta, 10, of Temecula, Calif., died Saturday in a two-boat collision about a half-mile south of the Interstate 40 bridge. Four others were injured in the crash but survived.

HocusPocus
    we were suppose to be out at havi this week but had to cancel the trip. it never gets any easier to hear about these things and its people like this guy that could eventually bring on lots of restrictions out there for everyone.
    thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
    W T F is going on

dunaholic
    Im sure the law is way ahead of me on this, but gas stations may have credit card info to this boat or any of the resort parks that take hull registration numbers.
    Gas stations take your numbers down????

Classic Daycruiser
    The bridge area seems really bad for "boat on boat" collisions.
    I know when I'm heading back from laughlin to Havasu in the afternoon, the south dry wind makes it hard to keep my eyes focus. When I see boats flying through there, 50 mph will catch you really quick, and 70+ is pretty much insane if there is anyone within a 1/4 mile of you.
    There are just to many boats in the summer to be hauling ass up the river. At 35-45mph, it was not bad. But we've got the 35-40mph traffic and a new breed of idiots (no pun intended BI)running from 65-100+mph on that same streach of water.
    Yeah, all I can say is.....the river is unsafe with all the boat traffic now. Middle of the week would be ok, but the water condition are too perfect for a high speed run, making even more likely to witness a boat passing you at speeds greater than 70mph..

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast