Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Here We Go Again! - Find me this boat!

Mardonzi
    I don't know if this will help or not, but it could be indicate that he/she is in the Havasu area or a regular visitor.
    There was a 29' Fountain Fever that fits that description at the Nautical cove 3 weeks ago. Pulled into the Naked Turtle around 5 pm on the 20th.

THOR
    There is no need to run at a high rate of speed in that area by Topock. Too many turns and people.

Quest4Fun
    I couldn't believe this when I heard it this morning. I'll keep an eye out for this boat. Sounds similar to that other Fountain boat with red markings that was involved in the accident off of Windsor a few weeks ago...I'm sure its not but WOW!
    RIP to the driver of the PWC and condolences to the family

phebus
    Boatcop, here's a question for you.
    Most boaters don't boat alone, and usually have a minimum of one passenger. If a boat is involved in a hit and run, can the passengers be charged with a crime as well? I would think that most of the time they would be aware that an accident occured, and would have a responsibility to either stay at the scene, or if they were unable to stop the driver from leaving, report the incident later with all pertinent information.
    Are passengers ever charged?

2Driver
    Most boaters don't boat alone, and usually have a minimum of one passenger. If a boat is involved in a hit and run, can the passengers be charged with a crime as well? I would think that most of the time they would be aware that an accident occured, and would have a responsibility to either stay at the scene, or if they were unable to stop the driver from leaving, report the incident later with all pertinent information.
    You have some info we should know about?

HotRod82
    The writing is on the wall.....posted speed limits are coming.

WYRD
    30+ foot Fountain. Primarily white in color with red and black "FOUNTAIN" on the side. Possibly black and white checkers on rear part.
    Involved in a fatal crash up from Havasu today. Last seen heading south from
    the Havasu area. Possibly spotted near Cattail Cove.
    MCSO and LPCSO Boats on the Lake now searching.
    If anyone knows this boat sees it or has seen it, notify Mohave County Sheriff's Office. If in the Havasu Springs area, the La Paz County Sheriff's Office. Or The San Bernardino Sheriff's Office if on the California side.
    If you see it on the road, on the trailer, get license plate of vehicle or trailer and Registration numbers of boat, and call 911.
    Incident happened mid afternoon today, August 9th. Not details as of yet.
    http://images.traderonline.com/img/6...89380504_6.jpg
    There is alot of Fountain Fevers with this gel scheme kind of matches the description, I found this one on boat trader its from out of state so probably NOT the suspect boat but just wanted to show a pic of what it may look like.

uvindex
    The Tri-State News story has a couple more details:
    - the word Fountain "imposed" over a black and red checkered pattern
    - a man and a woman were aboard the Fountain
    - guy that was killed was on a stand-up PWC
    Here's that story:
    Man Killed In Boating Hit And Run
    TOPOCK, AZ - A fatal collision on the Colorado River near the Interstate 40 bridge occurred yesterday afternoon and investigators are looking for two people who left the scene of the accident. San Bernardino County Sheriff's Office Sergeant Tim Smith said a large boat struck and killed a man who was riding a stand-up personal watercraft near the Topock Marina. Smith said that a man and woman were aboard a large boat that hit the unidentified man, then left the scene.
    The SBCSO is looking for a 30-foot craft with the word "Fountain" imposed over a black and red checkered pattern on both sides of the fiberglass hull.
    Anyone with information about the boat, it's location or it's owners is asked to call the SBCSO at (706) 326-9200 or (760) 326-9213.

OutCole'd
    Sounds like a question from Shebus.

Partycattin
    We were in Steamboat yesterday and 2 L.E. boats came in fast with lights going. They asked us about a boat that was parked near us. Appears they were going cove by cove trying to find it.
    We'll keep looking today.

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast