Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: boat collision

Jerrys59
    Police search for boat after fatal collision
    Thursday, August 9, 2007 8:55 PM MST
    A man was killed Thursday after being struck by a boat near Topock Marina, the area's second water-related death this week.
    The man, whose identity was not released, was riding a personal watercraft, said Sgt. Tim Smith of the San Bernardino County Sheriff's office. The collision happened around 3:30 p.m.
    Authorities were still searching Thursday night for the boat involved in the crash.
    It was described as a 30-foot Fountain boat with red and black checkering on its side, Smith said. It was last seen headed south toward Lake Havasu.
    Sara Margiotta, 10, of Temecula, Calif., died Saturday in a two-boat collision about a half-mile south of the Interstate 40 bridge. Four others were injured in the crash but survived.

JetBoatRich
    Sucks hit and run

shueman
    Any location of ingress / egress to the river needs to be bouy'd NO WAKE ZONE. This needs to happen NOW. Places like Topock, Moabi, Site Six, Jack Smith, etc. are really "blind" locations to a novice boater not familiar with the area.
    Areas like Needles Marina where you have riverfront docks and private beaches need REDUCED SPEED ZONES, as you have the potential for a wide variance of speed and multiple direction movement. This would include Blankenship Bend and many areas along the Parker Strip.
    Last of all, the consumption of alcohol on the water needs to be addressed. How much carnage does it take, how many MORE lives need to be lost, before we do something about it...
    Yea, I'm an "old fart". I have boated on these waters for over 40 years. I love boating and the boating lifestyle. The river from Davis Dam to Bluewater in Parker WAS my favorite place to play.
    Not any longer....

Warlockjer
    Well said shueman!!!

Jerrys59
    Any location of ingress / egress to the river needs to be bouy'd NO WAKE ZONE. This needs to happen NOW. Places like Topock, Moabi, Site Six, Jack Smith, etc. are really "blind" locations to a novice boater not familiar with the area.
    Areas like Needles Marina where you have riverfront docks and private beaches need REDUCED SPEED ZONES, as you have the potential for a wide variance of speed and multiple direction movement. This would include Blankenship Bend and many areas along the Parker Strip.
    Last of all, the consumption of alcohol on the water needs to be addressed. How much carnage does it take, how many MORE lives need to be lost, before we do something about it...
    Yea, I'm an "old fart". I have boated on these waters for over 40 years. I love boating and the boating lifestyle. The river from Davis Dam to Bluewater in Parker WAS my favorite place to play.
    Not any longer....
    Old Fart here too

RitcheyRch
    Sure hope they catch this guy. Well stated Shueman.

AZJD
    You know whe the crappy thing about this is? It was probably 100% the jet skiiers fault, and the driver of the boat was probably drinking, therefore making him at fault.....
    I have thought about this a thousand times. What if I get hit and I am at .081, i'm done.... It only takes 2 beers
    Another reason the whole drinking and driving the boat dilema really sucks, and everyone does it!

2forcefull
    You know whe the crappy thing about this is? It was probably 100% the jet skiiers fault, and the driver of the boat was probably drinking, therefore making him at fault.....
    I have thought about this a thousand times. What if I get hit and I am at .081, i'm done.... It only takes 2 beers
    Another reason the whole drinking and driving the boat dilema really sucks, and everyone does it!
    I don't do it!

Baja Big Dog
    Another old fart!

Quest4Fun
    That was my first thought too, that the PWC turned in front of the boat...I hate to jump to conclusions about this sort of thing especially when someone has lost their life.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast