Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beheaded rattlesnake sends man to hospital

MRS FLYIN VEE
    how long do they have to be dead before they stop doing that?:jawdrop:

rrrr
    About an hour......but it's not a good idea to verify that.

MRS FLYIN VEE
    About an hour......but it's not a good idea to verify that.
    LOL!! I will not be the one to let anyone know for at least a week..

Schiada76
    We would put them in the freezer to keep them from "striking" when skinned out. It was freakin bizzare watching a skinned out 4' long piece of meat moving around.
    RRR we kept live ones in an aquarium in a friends yard, it was a blast feeding them rats.:sqeyes: :sqeyes:

MRS FLYIN VEE
    We would put them in the freezer to keep them from "striking" when skinned out. It was freakin bizzare watching a skinned out 4' long piece of meat moving around.
    RRR we kept live ones in an aquarium in a friends yard, it was a blast feeding them rats.:sqeyes: :sqeyes:
    are you skinning something in your avatar? :jawdrop:

rrrr
    LMAO!! We fed 'em mice......The snake would hit the mouse, it would make about a half a lap around the aquarium before it fell over dead....:jawdrop:

Tom N
    My home is in an area with a heavy population of cotton mouths, eastern diamond back and pygmy rattlesnakes. After encountering these snakes I did some research on the dangers of living in their habitat....of course using common sense will most likely prevent any harm to you.
    The interesting fact I read was that 90% of snake bite victims are intoxicated males that were bitten on the hand trying to grab the snake.

Debbolas
    When I was in the Forest Service, the firemen would kill them with a shovel, then we would BBQ them. Tasted just like chicken. Looked weird though, all curled up around the BBQ.

TRIMMIN
    I just picked up a 410 Snake Charmer from Wal Mart. Nice little gun. Hope I don't have to use it. We have only killed one on property. I have seen Kings here which are nice, as they can take out a rattler too.

Baja Big Dog
    Been killin and eatin for years....you have to bury the head deep...they claim the dried venom on the fangs will make you sick years after the are dead.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast