Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DeLorean To Re-Enter Limited Production in 2008

fat rat
    DeLorean To Re-Enter Limited Production in 2008
    By Rob Beschizza July 30, 2007 | 11:40:35 AMCategories: Automotive
    Normally, this would be the sole province of our car blog, Autopia, but the DeLorean has a special place in the hearts of technology lovers, so its forthcoming return--yes, new DeLoreans are coming--is too exciting to ignore. The Houston refurb outfit that nabbed the trademark, DeLorean Motor Co. (Texas), plans to start limited construction:
    "With 200 of the original 2.8-liter V-6 engines still in stock and facing a dwindling supply of cars suitable for rebuilding, Espey figures that within a year or so they'll start making the cars from scratch. Their manufacturing plans are modest — maybe 20 or so cars a year. But it would be quite a comeback for a car that was given up for dead more than a quarter of a century ago."
    No, it's not quite the modernized neo-DeLorean that we really want (Lotus has no idea how many people would wet themselves should it roll out a stainless steel, gull-winged Exige), but it will do.
    The new DeLoreans will likely cost something more than $42,500, which is what the outfit currently charges to build one from scratch with refurbed parts. And you'll have to upgrade to the sports kit if you want a flux capacitor.
    For the DeLorean, it's back to the present [LATimes]
    Reddit It | Digg This | Add to del.icio.us

RitcheyRch
    Always did like the DeLorean although wish they had a better powerplant.

Wet Dream
    Didn't they use the Chevy Citation motors in these things? Or was it strictly moved into the Fiero as the 2M6? That 25 year old V6 can't compare jack to what the new V6's are putting out, they'll still be underpowered if they are using 200 longblocks and induction from that era. If they are using the block and plan on revamping the topside, it might work.

pw_Tony
    Let's hope they're not making cars just to transport Cocaine!
    lol

Jbb
    I had one.....for its time it was a very nice handling car......bad blind spot....annoying doors......weak electrical system...and a real challenge to straighten squashed body panels.....were some of the bad points..... ....among others...

ratso
    A Cosworth Vega would run circles around those turds...

Jbb
    Didn't they use the Chevy Citation motors in these things? Or was it strictly moved into the Fiero as the 2M6? That 25 year old V6 can't compare jack to what the new V6's are putting out, they'll still be underpowered if they are using 200 longblocks and induction from that era. If they are using the block and plan on revamping the topside, it might work.
    Dont be so bitter.. .....It had a Volvo 264 v-6

meaniam
    DeLorean To Re-Enter Limited Production in 2008
    By Rob Beschizza July 30, 2007 | 11:40:35 AMCategories: Automotive
    Normally, this would be the sole province of our car blog, Autopia, but the DeLorean has a special place in the hearts of technology lovers, so its forthcoming return--yes, new DeLoreans are coming--is too exciting to ignore. The Houston refurb outfit that nabbed the trademark, DeLorean Motor Co. (Texas), plans to start limited construction:
    "With 200 of the original 2.8-liter V-6 engines still in stock and facing a dwindling supply of cars suitable for rebuilding, Espey figures that within a year or so they'll start making the cars from scratch. Their manufacturing plans are modest — maybe 20 or so cars a year. But it would be quite a comeback for a car that was given up for dead more than a quarter of a century ago."
    No, it's not quite the modernized neo-DeLorean that we really want (Lotus has no idea how many people would wet themselves should it roll out a stainless steel, gull-winged Exige), but it will do.
    The new DeLoreans will likely cost something more than $42,500, which is what the outfit currently charges to build one from scratch with refurbed parts. And you'll have to upgrade to the sports kit if you want a flux capacitor.
    For the DeLorean, it's back to the present [LATimes]
    Reddit It | Digg This | Add to del.icio.us
    i am confused here. can you buy an original new delorean for 42k? if so i would like more info. if not i would like to see pics of the new delorean

Jbb
    A Cosworth Vega would run circles around those turds...
    But it had to keep stopping to pick up the rusty panels that kept falling off....

ratso
    Dont be so bitter.. .....It had a Volvo 264 v-6
    I bought my first wife a nice used Pinto, with blown out brake light bulbs...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast