Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eliminator sprint?

eliminatedsprinter
    Got a new name, but my request still stands. Any info on OB powered eliminator sprints would be very welcome. I posted a request on eliminator's bulletin board and got a message the next day from Bret Leach to call eliminator. When I called they gave me a little history of when they made them etc... However, they could not remember their length, weight, etc...Whats going on? Are these boats that rare or what??

DUCKY
    I have never heard of an Eliminator sprint. But there is a boat called a Daytona Sprint (easily confused) They were a very solid boat, 18ft long and built with two bottoms, both splashes of Biesemeyers. There was a Semi-V, most bulit as Jet-drives, but there were some outboards, and the flat bottom version, mostly v-drives for circle racing. Hope that helps.

Ducky, Eliminator did indeed build a model called a Sprint. I'm betting most were jets but a few years ago I remember seeing one listed in the BoatTrader that was an outboard and had never been rigged. Here's a pic of a jet version from the classifieds. Check my profile for another. The Sprints I'm familiar with are listed as 19 footers although the ad for the one below says 20 feet. [img]http://www.***boat.net/classifieds/ads/images/255_1.jpg[/img]

HavasuDreamin'
    I always thought they were good looking boats. The one above is a fine example of that........aside from the bow light which will knock 5mph off the top end for sure. wink

Hermosa
    Mine was a 1982 Eliminator Sprint 20' jet. Extremely light layup, it was a quck boat, I really liked it, I never had it completely dialed in before i sold it and went to a 21' Daytona...and never looked back.

eliminatedsprinter
    Thanks, that photo looks similer to mine, however, mine has a a little less red and black, more yellow and orange, and a white base color, no bow light, and is, of course, an OB. The folks at Eliminator told me they were approx 19 1/2 ft. The previous owner told me mine was rigged by Stoker and the guys at Eliminator confirmed that was probably true. It is very light, as I can just pick up the tongue of the trailer and move it around. The previous owner says the whole rig weighs < 2,000 lbs inc trailer. Any more info is still welcome. Thanks again...

HavasuDreamin'
    Post a picture of your rig. I would like to see it.

jet4fun
    DUCKY:
    I have never heard of an Eliminator sprint. But there is a boat called a Daytona Sprint (easily confused) They were a very solid boat, 18ft long and built with two bottoms, both splashes of Biesemeyers. There was a Semi-V, most bulit as Jet-drives, but there were some outboards, and the flat bottom version, mostly v-drives for circle racing. Hope that helps. yes, eliminator did build a model called the sprint, he is not confused, i have seen several eliminator sprints for sale in the past

eliminatedsprinter
    Right now I'm kind of low tech here (no scanner no digital camera) when I can I'll post a photo. Thanks for the info. I think I'm going to want to keep this boat and I would like to learn as much as I can about it. I can tell that dispite it's lightness it's very sturdy. It's a pad bottom simi-v with full length stringers that get very large where they are glassed and through-bolted to a thick transom. It has no hint of any stress cracks in the hull. Thanks again...

eliminatedsprinter
    I finaly got this boat up to the lake (castaic yuk) a couple of days ago. This hull is great. It was windy and choppy when we first got there and it handled the slop far better than any low profile simi-vee it's size has the right to. I was very impressed with this hull's handeling particularly in the ruff stuff. It's handling was stab and steer and it was super easy to drive. I found zero porposing, hull slapp, chinewalk etc at any speed or trim. Because I was at Castiac I couldn't get a good picture of it's top end (speed restrictions and lots of patrol boats). But it's accelleration was great it jumped right up on plane and it's mid-range was great. I got a polite but firm warning from one of the patrol boats because I was frequently accellerating to "well over 50 mph" in my short sprints. I give this hull an A+, but the jury is still out on the xp 150 because I couldn't properly test the top end and it was running a bit rough.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast