Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Have you seen the breathalyzers in bars and restaurants?

beaverretriever
    We have a few bars with these already in them. You can check your BAC right then and there. I don't really know how accurate these things are because I know nothing about these machines. I do know that your breath test will change dramatically depending on how long it has been since you have had a drink.
    I think it may give someone a false sense of security. What are your thoughts?

Racey
    Sounds like a new drinking game to me, who can get high score!!! :devil:

Havasu_Dreamin
    We have a few bars with these already in them. You can check your BAC right then and there. I don't really know how accurate these things are because I know nothing about these machines. I do know that your breath test will change dramatically depending on how long it has been since you have had a drink.
    My friend tried it and blew over the legal limit and not even 35 minutes later he was under.
    I think it may give someone a false sence of security. What are your thoughts?
    Sadly, in our sue happy society it sounds like a liability issue for the bars that have them.
    As an example, Sally owns a bar and has one of these machines. Billy comes in and has a few drinks. He blows into it and it reads that he is under the legal limit so he drives home. Billy crashes into another car and injures the passengers. Testing at the station, or hospital, shows that he, Billy, is actually over the legal limit. Come to find out the device at Sally's was inaccurate, for whatever reason, guess who is going to get sued.....that's right Sally is.....While it may help curb some people if for any reason the calibration is off I could foresee a potential problem.....

OutCole'd
    Sadly, in our sue happy society it sounds like a liability issue for the bars that have them.
    As an example, Sally owns a bar and has one of these machines. Billy comes in and has a few drinks. He blows into it and it reads that he is under the legal limit so he drives home. Billy crashes into another car and injures the passengers. Testing at the station, or hospital, shows that he, Billy, is actually over the legal limit. Come to find out the device at Sally's was inaccurate, for whatever reason, guess who is going to get sued.....that's right Sally is.....While it may help curb some people if for any reason the calibration is off I could foresee a potential problem.....
    Why does the drunk always have to a Billy??????

MADDOG355
    Why does the drunk always have to a Billy??????
    Must be a West coast thing.
    In the South it is always Johnny

Miss Perfect
    If they would sue Sally for that, then they would sue Sally for over-serving Billy. Machine or not, Sally is focked.

Jordy
    Machine or not, Sally is focked.
    Look at you, talking all dirty this early in the morning. If Sally breaks her machine, is she still focked or does she have some type of contingency plan in place, like a Billy of her own??? :idea:
    Is Sally hot?

Devilman
    If they would sue Sally for that, then they would sue Sally for over-serving Billy. Machine or not, Sally is focked.
    Sally is focked & CenturionTunnel is behind bars, that sux. No more webchat for him!

Chico&Zeus
    Would Billy still get charged if he could say "Silly Sally swiftly shooed seven silly sheep. The seven silly sheep Silly Sally shooed
    Shilly-shallied south. These sheep shouldn't sleep in a shack; Sheep should sleep in a shed." 3 Times Fast????

Miss Perfect
    Look at you, talking all dirty this early in the morning. If Sally breaks her machine, is she still focked or does she have some type of contingency plan in place, like a Billy of her own??? :idea:
    Is Sally hot?
    Sally owns a bar and overserves her patrons. Of course she is hot silly!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast