Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: blower pulley question???

atxwrangler
    i bought a 33 tooth 1/2 pich pulley of ebay so i could run my setup 1 to 1 if i ever wanted to.i went out to swap them and my pulley has a 2" hole in the middle of it,but,the ebay has a 21/4" hole in the center.the bolt holes are the same.can i safely run the ebay pulley on my boat???

IMPATIENT 1
    marty , the snout on your hub or lip on your balancer is what "takes" the load, the bolts are to keep it in place. kinda like putting the wrong wheels on a truck and it starts breaking lugnuts cause the studs are bearing the weight instead of the axle. make a spacer for it.

atxwrangler
    thanx,i kinda thought that,i may just swap the top puley and the bottom pulley.my bottom pulley now is 32 and top is 35,so it should be 9% over if i swap them, correct??

IMPATIENT 1
    thanx,i kinda thought that,i may just swap the top puley and the bottom pulley.my bottom pulley now is 32 and top is 35,so it should be 9% over if i swap them, correct??
    Ii'll check , i've got a boost chart link somewhere i'll get ya.i'm pretty sure boostdaddy sells the adapter to change the register from 2 to 23/4 or whatever, but the thinest 1 is 1/4. here's a link that'll give ya an idea of what i mean:
    http://estore.websitepros.com/1251228/Detail.bok?no=126

IMPATIENT 1
    turning them over will put you at @10%overdrive(9.4) and the way its set-up now is 8.6% under. flip them suckers, put in some race fuel and hold on marty, overdrive'n is a whole notha level i looovvve it!:devil:

atxwrangler
    thanks for them links tom,how hard are you spinning yours!i have some tolulene!

IMPATIENT 1
    thanks for them links tom,how hard are you spinning yours!i have some tolulene!
    19.4%over i don't have a 8-71 like you, so i gots to spin fast:devil: been runnin avgas, and a splash of super swill.

atxwrangler
    i am planning on running av gas and marvel mystery oil when i run out of tolulene.i think i am just gonna buy another 32 tooth 1/2 pitch pulley from bds and run it 1 to 1 first before i overdrive.trying to take baby steps!l.o.l.

IMPATIENT 1
    i'd herd someone else drive my boat at 5% overdive (or sumthing like that) and how loud it was with open headers but when my wife made a quik past me last weekend at 19.4% over drive and open headers, its was awwweesomme!:devil: she was 75ft away and my chest was thumping i'm running zoomies labor day to race alittle, gonna have to bring the muffs i use for skeet shooting :devil: gonna turn up the timing, turn down the btm,run 110, and see what i can do. i won't be the fastest there, but i won't be the slowest i'm sure

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast