Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: blower pulley question???

IMPATIENT 1
    i am planning on running av gas and marvel mystery oil when i run out of tolulene.i think i am just gonna buy another 32 tooth 1/2 pitch pulley from bds and run it 1 to 1 first before i overdrive.trying to take baby steps!l.o.l.
    i wanted to learn how to drive it with all its power available, but i can't afford race fuel for family days out. so i turned my timing way down, thru on a 37 bottom pulley and have been getting used to that.
    now marty, ya know the 1st time someone pulls along side and gives ya a nod , your gonna wish you were overdriving and used to it

atxwrangler
    i'm telling you,it's worse than drugs.that short river trip the other day has me hooked.i may have to take a few tools to the river to swap pulleys!l.o.l.i've gotta get my boost guage hooked up this weekend,i had the timing set at 29* total,locked out.i also need to get my btm hooked up.

IMPATIENT 1
    i'm telling you,it's worse than drugs.that short river trip the other day has me hooked.i may have to take a few tools to the river to swap pulleys!l.o.l.i've gotta get my boost guage hooked up this weekend,i had the timing set at 29* total,locked out.i also need to get my btm hooked up.
    i like the btm's, makes it easy to pull out timing on cheap gas! i locked mine at 30, and turned the btm to remove 1 degree per lb. when i run avgas. i'll leave the btm off retarding when i run 110, maybe feed it 32 total without any retarding. i've gotta o2 sensor with a decent a/f ratio meter to keep an eye on mixture, it sure helps get all ya can outta these blower motors! makes jetting a breeze!
    overdrive, overdrive, overdrive! and wear yo jacket!

atxwrangler
    where do you get one of these o2 sensors?where does it mount?12 volt power?

IMPATIENT 1
    where do you get one of these o2 sensors?where does it mount?12 volt power?
    you've got new headers, your not gonna like what they look like after welding in o2 sensor bungs. i'm runnin a heated edelbrock kit that shows a/f ratio, it works great. not to fancy, but does what's needed. my headers are shit so i had bungs tig'd into them, then had the injector lines/weep holes tig'd closed. i'm buyin new headers this winter with bungs in them, i like knowing i'm not runnnin lean

IMPATIENT 1
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...153737003&rd=1
    those are nice! you need 1 jacket for when you race with leg straps, so it doesn't get yanked off over your head.i've got something like yours i've been using, the lifelines are so expensive!

atxwrangler
    those are nice! you need 1 jacket for when you race with leg straps, so it doesn't get yanked off over your head.i've got something like yours i've been using, the lifelines are so expensive!
    tom, these jackets do have the leg straps.i welded the evac bungs into my headers,shoot me a photo,i would like to know i'm not running lean as well!

1968Droptop
    Was reading your posts, back and forth, back and forth LMAO !!! I'm running under right now. I want to go with better gas and flip the pulley's, but I know I'll NEVER go back :sqeyes: I'm sooo hooked on these blower motors it's stupid. Now I gotta get one for my `79 F-150 shorty 4X4, and for the `79 F-350 CrewCab 4X4 I'm building, is there no end I ask ???
    Tom are those jackets you got off E-Bay decent ? My wife is all over my ass about getting some. She heard the speedo read over 90 and won't even get in it w/o one (not that that's a bad thing). I looked at the Lifelines, but they are indeed spendy. Those one's off E-Bay look decent, but that's on my comp screen.

atxwrangler
    Was reading your posts, back and forth, back and forth LMAO !!! I'm running under right now. I want to go with better gas and flip the pulley's, but I know I'll NEVER go back :sqeyes: I'm sooo hooked on these blower motors it's stupid. Now I gotta get one for my `79 F-150 shorty 4X4, and for the `79 F-350 CrewCab 4X4 I'm building, is there no end I ask ???
    Tom are those jackets you got off E-Bay decent ? My wife is all over my ass about getting some. She heard the speedo read over 90 and won't even get in it w/o one (not that that's a bad thing). I looked at the Lifelines, but they are indeed spendy. Those one's off E-Bay look decent, but that's on my comp screen.
    hey droptop,i bought those jackets,and i like them,everyone i showed them to liked them as well.i paid the guy 140 bucks each for them,but,when i got them,i felt good about it.you are hooked just like us.i always heard that w/out an intercooler,running a roots blower past 1 to 1 didn't gain much because it was putting so much heat into the motor,tom seems to be pleased.!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast