Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: blower pulley question???

1968Droptop
    hey droptop,i bought those jackets,and i like them,everyone i showed them to liked them as well.i paid the guy 140 bucks each for them,but,when i got them,i felt good about it.you are hooked just like us.i always heard that w/out an intercooler,running a roots blower past 1 to 1 didn't gain much because it was putting so much heat into the motor,tom seems to be pleased.!
    Thanks, I'm going to order up a pair tomorrow. No shit Tom is pleased, man that's an understatement :sqeyes:. He's got the overdriven bug BAD !!! I just can't afford to get hooked on good gas just yet. I know myself, if I try it I'l never ever ever ever ever go back . I'm going to bump it up to 8 lbs. for know and live with the 92 I can get at my local Chevron. I know the good gas will come, but not likely this year.
    I gotta figure out how to get enough $$$ for another Hampton Blower. I want to put one on this, http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q...Cimg0033-1.jpg It aleady is putting 300 to the ground, but that can be improved on LOL !

IMPATIENT 1
    Thanks, I'm going to order up a pair tomorrow. No shit Tom is pleased, man that's an understatement :sqeyes:. He's got the overdriven bug BAD !!! I just can't afford to get hooked on good gas just yet. I know myself, if I try it I'l never ever ever ever ever go back . I'm going to bump it up to 8 lbs. for know and live with the 92 I can get at my local Chevron. I know the good gas will come, but not likely this year.
    I gotta figure out how to get enough $$$ for another Hampton Blower. I want to put one on this, http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q...Cimg0033-1.jpg It aleady is putting 300 to the ground, but that can be improved on LOL !
    cooool truck drop!!
    marty, i'm ordering me 1 of those jackets today!!!
    guys, yall are both runnin alum heads too, the intake temp from overdriving isn't that bad at 10%over. i'm looking for a temp sensor myself, i'd like to know how fast mine warms up.

hotbo
    i have 2 fords just like that my blue one is almost idintical love then ole fords they are mean ass trucks drive like sht but what ford doesnt,wear them jackets boys could save your ass one day.

IMPATIENT 1
    i have 2 fords just like that my blue one is almost idintical love then ole fords they are mean ass trucks drive like sht but what ford doesnt,wear them jackets boys could save your ass one day.
    did you check out marty's link to the race jackets trav? 120 for a new 100mph approved jacket!

1968Droptop
    cooool truck drop!!
    guys, yall are both runnin alum heads too, the intake temp from overdriving isn't that bad at 10%over. i'm looking for a temp sensor myself, i'd like to know how fast mine warms up.
    Hey Tom, the only thing I can think of off hand for intake temp reading would be a pyrometer. The one in my pick up truck swings fast (AutoMeter procomp). But they aren't cheap, and they may not read cold enough (start at 100*). You may be ably to find a digital unit ???
    Even with Al heads, I doubt if I can run over on 92.

IMPATIENT 1
    Hey Tom, the only thing I can think of off hand for intake temp reading would be a pyrometer. The one in my pick up truck swings fast (AutoMeter procomp). But they aren't cheap, and they may not read cold enough (start at 100*). You may be ably to find a digital unit ???
    Even with Al heads, I doubt if I can run over on 92.
    i've ran 12%over on 92 i just turned the timing down some when i did it.you guys run 8-71's, i'm runnin a 6-71 which has to work harder to produce the same amount of boos as you, it sux and my blower needs to be stripped.i'm adding a dual plate nitrous set-up over winter and thought i'd just leave the blower alone since its gonna need the extra little clearence to huff on the bottle

atxwrangler
    i've ran 12%over on 92 i just turned the timing down some when i did it.you guys run 8-71's, i'm runnin a 6-71 which has to work harder to produce the same amount of boos as you, it sux and my blower needs to be stripped.i'm adding a dual plate nitrous set-up over winter and thought i'd just leave the blower alone since its gonna need the extra little clearence to huff on the bottle
    easy there boy!

IMPATIENT 1
    easy there boy!
    i miss nitrous man, the boost is nice but the nitrous slams ya :devil:
    i'm just gonna run a 100hp shot sometimes to cool intake charge, 100 hp shot should add about 120-130hp from the nitrous hp and intake temp decrease in the boost.just for cove racing, nothing else.

atxwrangler
    Balls Out! :d

IMPATIENT 1
    Balls Out! :d
    scott seastrum just added nitrous to his blown tx-18 motor, and he's bringing it to broken bow on labor day. i get to see it run before decide'n if its rite fo me. marty, you otta drag up here to okla. someday, you'd die when you pulled into the cove and be surrounded by 40-50 badass dragboats. every holiday weekend up here turns into a huge meet.i've never went to b.b. on a holiday and not seen at least 40 sick boats there, its a blast.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast