Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's The Real Deal With Live In Havasu (river), Work In OC/LA?

Pussywhippled
    Just curious how some people do it, or if it's just a "Look at me I'm cool" myth.
    We just bought a new place at the river (Needles) and I'm strongly thinking about selling my house here in So Cal (if it's worth anything anymore) and moving my family out there.
    Now having our house here seems like a waste to me. $3,000.00 to $4,000.00 plus a month, high electric bills, a pool we don't use, and were gone every weekend anyways...
    I own my own business and would TRY to work Monday thru Thursday and spend Fri, Sat, Sun at home at the river. As it is now I usually leave the river house Monday mornings at 4am or 5am and drive into work anyways.
    From my house to work back and forth everyday I spend around 4 hrs on the freeway. I have done the 91 parking lot for the last 15 years and every year it gets worse and worse.
    1. What days and hours do you make the drives?
    2. What days do you actually work, and what hours?
    3. Where do you stay when your in OC/LA?
    4. Does it or has it put a strain on your marriage?
    5. Would you do it again or would you change your life back to your original situation?
    Maybe it's just a stupid thought or idea, but any input would be helpful...

djunkie
    But I thought you loved Wildomar?

Just curious how some people do it, or if it's just a "Look at me I'm cool" myth.
    We just bought a new place at the river (Needles) and I'm strongly thinking about selling my house here in So Cal (if it's worth anything anymore) and moving my family out there.
    Now having our house here seems like a waste to me. $3,000.00 to $4,000.00 plus a month, high electric bills, a pool we don't use, and were gone every weekend anyways...
    I own my own business and would TRY to work Monday thru Thursday and spend Fri, Sat, Sun at home at the river. As it is now I usually leave the river house Monday mornings at 4am or 5am and drive into work anyways.
    From my house to work back and forth everyday I spend around 4 hrs on the freeway. I have done the 91 parking lot for the last 15 years and every year it gets worse and worse.
    5. Would you do it again or would you change your life back to your original situation?
    Maybe it's just a stupid thought or idea, but any input would be helpful...
    I have just started a job in Kingman. I work there Wed - Fri. I live in Yucaipa and the drive to say Havasu is about 3 1/2 hours. BTW Havi is where I stay. I leave for havi tuesday night. Eventually I will be selling my house in Yucaipa

Kilrtoy
    varies every week
    Usually around 8 Monday night to LA and returning to Havasu , thursday around 7PM from LA arriving around 2315
    Schedule
    tues thru fri- 0630-1630
    Key word here is SCHEDULED
    The front half of my friends house
    Sex life is even better now. May have actually improved the relationship, not that there was much improving needed
    NOPE

Pussywhippled
    But I thought you loved Wildomar?
    No it's not Wildomar, I love our house here, but it's...
    You go hangout at the river, have fun, and decompress and think how great it would be to just live there.
    When you really start thinking about it, have a couple of drinks and listen to some country music your priorities in life change for a little bit.
    Like I said it's just a thought and maybe a stupid one, but it's great to have options...

Sportin' Wood
    Go for it Steve, I remember once upon a time you telling me how much you liked the drive to and from work..... Just add an apt to your shop, I bet you'll get a weeks worth of work done in 3 days instead of 4.

CornWater
    Contemplating the same thing....
    :idea:

Pussywhippled
    Go for it Steve, I remember once upon a time you telling me how much you liked the drive to and from work..... Just add an apt to your shop, I bet you'll get a weeks worth of work done in 3 days instead of 4.
    Jeff,
    I used to like the drive. It gave me time to wind down from the stress of the day so that by the time I got home I wouldn't beat the kids.
    But the traffic is only one aspect of my new thought pattern.

Chico&Zeus
    I contemplated something similar last year, I was working in Chandler AZ and living in Anthem AZ...usually a 45 minute to one hour drive. However, every holiday weekend ie... Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, etc... it would take me 3-4 hours to get to Anthem after work. I was sooooo pissed that a couple of times I told my wife that we might as well live in Rocky Point Mexico if I am going to have a 4 hour commute. She actually thought about it, then we snapped back into a little thing I like to call "The Real World" and figured I would just tell my boss that from now on, Friday before a holiday weekend, I leave before Noon.

Pussywhippled
    I contemplated something similar last year, I was working in Chandler AZ and living in Anthem AZ...usually a 45 minute to one hour drive. However, every holiday weekend ie... Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, etc... it would take me 3-4 hours to get to Anthem after work. I was sooooo pissed that a couple of times I told my wife that we might as well live in Rocky Point Mexico if I am going to have a 4 hour commute. She actually thought about it, then we snapped back into a little thing I like to call "The Real World" and figured I would just tell my boss that from now on, Friday before a holiday weekend, I leave before Noon.
    I have had the same conversation with my boss, but he never listens...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast