New to Jets also, just picked up a 25' 1977 Hawaiian Boats Cruiser with a Ford 460 and Jacuzzi YJ Jetdrive. It'll need some work on the floor, a good paint job and the engine freshened up.
I noticed a lot of locals here in N. California especially Sacramento.
I am in need of advice to what to put in my Ford 460 engine to give it a little more power if I really need it? The boat has been sitting for over 15 years and I'd like to remove the engine to freshen it up as well as add anything else to make it run better. I know I'll need the top end such as the carb and aluminum manifold, the heads will get new valve springs to match the new cam and possible roller rockers and tappets (if worth spending the money). New electrical, distrubitor, coil, etc. The bottom end looks like it could use new rings, won't know till I measure them.
The jet drive can be freshened up as well, any advice there?
I also need to fix or replace the trailer due to the jack giving away and bending the front of the trailer upwards about 10" or so.
Lot of work ahead of me and I think it'll be worth it. Basically I want to have everything in new or good condition to give me a piece of mind and not have a dead boat in the middle of the lake.
Hope this wasn't too long,
Ron
How about some photos? Where in Sacramento are you? Does the engine run now?