Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Poker-run experience. 32 DCB

drejustice
    I wanted to piggy back on this thread for some of you more experience tunnel guys.
    I rode in a Poker Run back here on the east coats this past year in a friends boat. They all kept saying I should have brought my 26 shadow deck. I wasn't worried about the wake sizes if was hitting them perpendicular but more on the first mile or so of 75 v-bottom side wakes. Any suggestions on how to handle the side wake washing machine of the large group start other than get a bigger engine and get out front and stay there??? Note size of boats ranged from 25 ft baja up to 42+ sonic's and cigarettes.

neverfastenuff
    kool I understand the whole true tunnel bigger boat concept when you jump up to the nortech. But Im looking at the 32 dcb in comparison to my 30 daytona, which call me crazy, but I didnt like slowing down below 80mph in the boat chop. and I do know a 33 daytona well only 3 feet longer then the 30 daytona will smoke it in the chop and is a way bigger boat. So with the dcb 32 I want to make sure for the huge up swing in cost that it will out perform my 30 substaintaily. So i'm looking for feed back related to these 2 boats as I like lounging and the skaters etc are not really as user friendly for just chilling on. I want to put fairly big power in the next boat so travelling over a 100mph in the chop safely is what I'm after.

neverfastenuff
    drejustice. Thats what i'm talking about as well....my 30 cat in regards to side wakes becomes unpredictable at speed unless the tunnels are really deep. So i'm looking for a more sold ride in those conditions.:idea: :idea:

Boatlesss
    The difference between my 29 and my 32 is very apparent...29 is more like a hotrod, 32 is a rough water caddy...just my .02
    Being that you've owned both. Give us a comparison. They seem the be evenly matched for speed for hp according to the magazine readings.
    Do they accelerate the same? Get on plane the same, etc.?

OnlyMoney
    kool I understand the whole true tunnel bigger boat concept when you jump up to the nortech. But Im looking at the 32 dcb in comparison to my 30 daytona, which call me crazy, but I didnt like slowing down below 80mph in the boat chop. and I do know a 33 daytona well only 3 feet longer then the 30 daytona will smoke it in the chop and is a way bigger boat. So with the dcb 32 I want to make sure for the huge up swing in cost that it will out perform my 30 substaintaily. So i'm looking for feed back related to these 2 boats as I like lounging and the skaters etc are not really as user friendly for just chilling on. I want to put fairly big power in the next boat so travelling over a 100mph in the chop safely is what I'm after.
    You can say that again.

neverfastenuff
    LOL what boat do you run??

OnlyMoney
    LOL what boat do you run??
    That would be the boat in the avatar Bob.

dicudmore
    32 ride better than the 30 Daytona? Probably...substantially? I would think not...how much bigger is the tunnel of an F-32 vs your 30'?

neverfastenuff
    Im not too sure what the difference in the tunnel is. All ive heard is the 32 dcb rides like a much bigger boat. Whatever that means inregards to a comparison I don't know.

neverfastenuff
    That would be the boat in the avatar Bob.
    Gotcha! and what is it? sorry for my ignorance but I can't tell by the avatar

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast