Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Poker-run experience. 32 DCB

Boatlesss
    29 accelerates harder, 32 planes faster and flatter... the 32 eats the rough stuff quite a bit better, 29 turns slightly better at low speeds, 32 turns slightly better at high speeds and finally........
    Is there a big jump in price between the two boats? (And trailers too)

neverfastenuff
    Wow look how this thread goes a little off!!! Being the oringinal person with the thread maybe I should change it to "whats the best poker run boat vee or cat?" or both all depending on size? My question/inquiery is, because when cutting a cheque for one of these bad boys shouldnt be a decision taken lightly (unless you reall have too much doe ) I unfortunately don't have any experience with a DCB or really anything other then Daytonas and some big vee's. And I do know theres a way bigger difference between a 30 and 33 daytona then between a 33 and 36 daytona. So why is there such a spread it seems between a 29-30ft boat and a 33? Is it just that the 3ft makes that big a difference or?? and with the DCB 32 I'm looking at and with the comments of it handling like a quote "much bigger boat"how does it relate, especially with big power ie twin 900++ motors & I do know Dave is building them lighter now and will that benefit rough water handling or hinder it?? Has anyone owned/ been in a new daytona 33 and a 32 Dcb?? and whats your opnion?? or should I just goto a full bigger tunnel:idea: :idea: I'm on a big lake which at times the 30 can't handle but the 36 blows threw with easy so I'm concerned the 32 may still have issues, but maybe not with the comment as I said of feeling like a much bigger boat......

seanv
    drejustice. Thats what i'm talking about as well....my 30 cat in regards to side wakes becomes unpredictable at speed unless the tunnels are really deep. So i'm looking for a more sold ride in those conditions.:idea: :idea:
    ok, i had a daytona and, it was an incredible boat in smooth and rough water. but, i ended up goin to a 31ao which is a true cat. day and night difference. i do miss the quality of a daytona over the ao but the ride and cabin are awesome on the ao.
    as for how deep the hull is in the rough...well, there is a point in any hull where you have to slow down and be safe about it. ive run over 100 in the evening 3-4 footers no problem. that was with nobody around. myself, i would wrather repower your 30 and be ahead of the game. the 30 daytona has proven itself over n over.
    as for canopies, i would wrather have them than nothing. i have flaps and a molded windshield but, at 110-120 it's some harsh windblast.
    good luck in your decision and to be honest... either boat is awesome so you shouldnt be dissapointed.

neverfastenuff
    Food for thought ty! I guess i need to go for a ride in a true tunnel. For the price of a dcb Ive seen a few nice nortechs and skators used on the net...I shouldve never went on that poker run and seen them run in the rough! my 30 is faster in good water but they rocked. I'd still like more feed back to my last post from other members to get their .02 please!!:idea: :idea: :idea:

shippingguy
    Food for thought ty! I guess i need to go for a ride in a true tunnel. For the price of a dcb Ive seen a few nice nortechs and skators used on the net...I shouldve never went on that poker run and seen them run in the rough! my 30 is faster in good water but they rocked. I'd still like more feed back to my last post from other members to get their .02 please!!:idea: :idea: :idea:
    You may want to take a look at the Ultra Custom Boats Section or PM (ULTRA28) that is John West owner of Ultra. They are tooling up their new 32 and it is a true tunnel with a 10' beam and four step bottom and it will havea one piece wraparound canopy. They are taking orders now. First one should be ready for the LA Show in February.
    Mike

dicudmore
    here's a rough water ride for ya
    36' Spectre Merc 900SC's (zero hours since rebuild/freshen) #6 drives
    about half the price of a new boat...I bet 190K would buy it...
    http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/7/9/88830779.htm

USCFAN
    here's a rough water ride for ya
    36' Spectre Merc 900SC's (zero hours since rebuild/freshen) #6 drives
    about half the price of a new boat...I bet 190K would buy it...
    http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/7/9/88830779.htm
    Nice boat, but that interior is a little different...

Goodtime$
    From a 30 Daytona- Why not go with the 36 daytona?
    If your looking 32s? the new ultra or the 32 Spectre would be top choice.
    Spectres run hard, no cabin.

andy01
    Nice boat, but that interior is a little different...
    So is the owner...............

Charley
    Rough water? You mean the rough water you encounter idling from the Marina to the Channel?
    :jawdrop:
    at least I launch
    Brought to you by the Home Depot and the color orange.
    Jordy, Dont Mock what you cant afford.... Someone has to own the old shitboxes when people wanna upgrade, In fact I wouldn't doubt that the original owner of your boat upgraded into a DCB or an Eliminator (I know that was low)
    Is there a big jump in price between the two boats? (And trailers too)
    Dont quote me but I think it's 30k difference.... contact Bryan @ DCB 619-442-0300 he will be happy to get you the proper answers
    I guess i need to go for a ride in a true tunnel. For the price of a dcb Ive seen a few nice nortechs and skators used on the net..
    That is the best suggestion yet.... ride in all of em you will know for sure then which is the right boat for you.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast