Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lavey Craft Boats?

1986 Crusader
    Does any one know alot about lavey craft. im looking at one in El Cajon Ca.
    21 Ft Merc 225 Promax.
    He has it priced for 21 K Is this a fair Price?

RiverToysJas
    I've heard of them.
    I assume that's a mod-vp Sebring you're looking at, what year?
    RTJas

thecampbellman
    look up laveytom on vdriveboat.com... he can tell you much about them

Outnumbered
    Seems a little high. I sold my 1987 Lavey 21' with a 460 BBF for about $15k about 3-4 years ago. It was almost 100% re-done including the trailer. I have seen some NuEra 21's listed in the mid-$20k's. We need more info and some pics to know for sure.

1986 Crusader
    Its a 1996. The Seats have all been redone, as well as all the wood. the merc 225 pro max has a new 06 lower unit. but it does not have the hydro steering. is that going to be a big problem?

Outnumbered
    Its a 1996. The Seats have all been redone, as well as all the wood. the merc 225 pro max has a new 06 lower unit. but it does not have the hydro steering. is that going to be a big problem?
    Depending on how much pink and teal is in the gel I would say try to negotiate a better deal. I imagine the OB is a bit harder to sell than a I/O. I would shoot for around $18k. Have you run the NADA on it? How is the trailer?

RiverToysJas
    I have seen some NuEra 21's listed in the mid-$20k's. We need more info and some pics to know for sure.
    NuEra starts at 24'. The 21's are XCS (hard deck or cuddy-open) and XTSki (walk through open, cabforward). The Sebring is actually a 20.6. Though they made a 22.10 Sebring at one time I believe, and a 19 in the mid/late 80's.
    21' K for an 11 year old boat sounds a bit high, but Lavey's do hold their value well. Might get better, more specific replies in the Outboat Section of Hot Boat.
    RTJas

OCMerrill
    I don't know anything about those boats.

OCMerrill
    Depending on how much pink and teal is in the gel I would say try to negotiate a better deal. I imagine the OB is a bit harder to sell than a I/O. I would shoot for around $18k. Have you run the NADA on it? How is the trailer?
    I have just a small bit of pink in one stripe. It's not all bad. Keeps me in touch with my "emotional thinking mall shopping" portion of my brain. Without that pink stripe Christmas shopping at the mall once a year could just never happen. So that pink stripe could be saving my marriage?

Outnumbered
    NuEra starts at 24'. The 21's are XCS (hard deck or cuddy-open) and XTSki (walk through open, cabforward). The Sebring is actually a 20.6. Though they made a 22.10 Sebring at one time I believe, and a 19 in the mid/late 80's.
    21' K for an 11 year old boat sounds a bit high, but Lavey's do hold their value well. Might get better, more specific replies in the Outboat Section of Hot Boat.
    RTJas
    I consider the NuEra boats to be the new style hull when compared to my old school 21. The "Nu" boats are deeper "V" and sleeker styling. I have seen quite a few of the "Nu" style 21's for sale in the mid-$20k range. I think they started to build the Nu style hulls about 1996. I imagine the OB is a mod-VP hull which pre-dates the Nu style boats.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast