Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: long beach drivers

fc-pilot
    So he is fine. We have some pictures of the incident, but did not want to show them out of respect if he was not doing well. That was an ugly crash. Thanks for the info Ray. How did you guys do on Sunday?
    Paul

Moneypitt
    So he is fine. We have some pictures of the incident, but did not want to show them out of respect if he was not doing well. That was an ugly crash. Thanks for the info Ray. How did you guys do on Sunday?
    Paul
    Well Paul I am extremely proud to say that Chris Kenner took the old Revenge into 2nd place in the National Final, and wound up with the 2nd overall trophy as well!!!...After a motor glitch on Saturday we were able to recover for a great Sunday. We were lucky in so many ways, and to run 2nd to the Rankin/Bryant/Jennings team, (they swept the SS and PS classes, winning every heat!!!) is certainly nothing to hang our heads about...As i said Chris Kenner did a fantastic job. Saturday Morning was the first time he ever drove the 89, he was running around from the K66 to the PS89 all weekend. Kinda like that old TV western, "Have Helmet, will travel"......Oh, and thanks for asking Paul........Ray
    PS wait until you see the pics of Dennis Rankin's 360, with "air time".....

Hustler
    It seemed like rescue took for ever to get #44.
    The rescue boat had a rope or something around the prop. We were standing down by turn 2 when they started to roll and tried over and over and could not get the boat on plane.

Sanger D
    not sure what vest that the 44 driver was wearing, but I would shit can it if I where him!!!!!! it left him face down and when he came to, he had a hell of a time getting himself on his back, It happened RIGHT in FRONT of me and I watched in greif as that guy just floated face down for a good minute to min. and a half,then he started to move and realized he was face down, and then he struggled like hell to get on his back,another second,and I was gonna swim out to him,that was pretty damn scarry.all the years of going to long beach,i was a little disapointed in the reaction time I saw to get to boats:idea: ,not sure why!!!!

Mrs. Bordsmnj
    Yeah, that was really scary watching his desperation to get on his back.

Goad
    Heres a pic someone posted of the 44 boat up over here:
    http://www.socaljetboats.com/index.p...ic,1391.0.html
    :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
    http://www.socaljetboats.com/index.p....0;attach=4208 ;image

http://www.socaljetboats.com/index.p....0;attach=4212 ;image
    Myself and my guys all wish him a speedy recovery.

Boatshu
    I talked to his dad John this morning, he's still in ICU but should get to a regular room this afternoon. No broken bones but the near drowning caused them some very tense moments for the first few hours. The jacket not turning him over is going to be addressed this week, it was brand new and was attached to him correctly. The doctor's expect him to be released by Wednesday and to make a 100% recovery.

SnoC653
    What brand and type jacket was that. I want to be sure not to get one. Did his helmet fill with water too or was it not a full-face helmet?

Sanger D
    I think we all would be intrested on the jacket facts, ....very glad to see he is going to be OK,was a terrible thing to watch. I always liked a open face helmet for that reason,if you had a injury that would keep them from removing your helmet,they could still give you oxy or cpr,full faced and your done!!!!but then full faced keeps you from loosing your jaw or all your teeth, its a crap shoot I guess.keep us posted on his recovery and the sit. on the vest. thanks

Flat Hall'N
    We got the update in the drivers meeting that he was doing better on Sunday. Glad to hear he is doing better.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast